A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

I won a Mark of Fire :P you should probably take that out of the spinners, it's such a waste of a spon lol

Edit: or turn it into a rare weapon :P that's another viable option haha
    Last edited by Disaru; 06-08-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: did not want to doublepost

:O! I don't think it's a waste! I love rare things like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    You can try Nightfall, with 30 Skeletons that's another 30 damage :P But I agree, I never liked the boneyard combo.

I've been experimenting with multiple hybrid decks, but I've settled with an all-Aether deck. The nova deck's effectiveness depends on if you can get a nova first turn (decent chances with 30 cards), but even then an early otyugh would kill most monsters in a nova deck. I tried Aether/fire, Aether/life, Aether/time, and Aether/entropy, and I don't like the wait for 2 types of pillars. But I'll keep experimenting...
    Aether? You too? Yay! Me too!
    I've tried Aether/Darkness, Aether/Time and Aether/Entropy, but had the same problem with the dual elemental decks. For now I've settled on an Aether deck with some Novas and other support cards. It's working alright, but I can't seem to get the pillar to other card ratio right.

Just wondering, are there any cards that have an effect that happens on both your turn and the opponents turn? like poison or something

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    Just wondering, are there any cards that have an effect that happens on both your turn and the opponents turn? like poison or something
    Not that I'm aware of. Poison happens at the end of the turn of the person who's infected.

Here's a feature request: Allow us to challenge specific player's decks. You can remove the card feature from this (Leave the electrum cost/reward if you want -- it's not hard to farm Elder elementals if all you want is electrum anyway, and you get card spins then too) to prevent abuse.

What you'd do is enter the player's name and then it would pit you against their deck. This would let you easily test your deck for effectiveness when in the hands of the AI (Or how it'll do against your friend's deck -- obviously limited to the AI using it, but still neat to see sometimes)

amsthax has two accounts in the top 20

And I agree with Bianary on his request feature because it would be nice to challenge a specific person's deck to see how well you would do against that person.
    Last edited by DarkGate; 06-09-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Found a bug.

You click Parallel Universe, and then spacebar, you can select to copy any new monsters the AI puts out on that following turn (e.g. no monsters to copy atm, do this bug, copy a monster, use their effect next turn). I think this might work for Lightning too.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the forced discard mechanism when you prefer to pass than play a possible card but don't count your hand every turn so have to throw one out.
    The rule that running out of cards kills you is also an irrelevant tumor; you don't need to draw a card every turn to continue having moves available or to win.
    Seems more like a programming accident than deliberate game design.

Quote Originally Posted by notStaying View Post
    I'm getting pretty fed up with the forced discard mechanism when you prefer to pass than play a possible card but don't count your hand every turn so have to throw one out.
    The rule that running out of cards kills you is also an irrelevant tumor; you don't need to draw a card every turn to continue having moves available or to win.
    Seems more like a programming accident than deliberate game design.
    I don't agree with that. I'm pretty sure that's how every major TCG works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    I don't agree with that. I'm pretty sure that's how every major TCG works as well.
    Yeah, being unable to draw = loss is very standard.

If you're using a deck that draws cards specially, part of the risk is you might run out and thus lose.

I do agree that the forced discard when you would rather change your mind and play could use tweaking, hopefully that's a coming feature (Going back to notStaying's initial point)

hi,

bug - I've just played with the account testtest (password - 12341234) to see the Quests feature .. when I was winning the lvl 1 it said I lose instead ... which was very odd (EDIT: hmm ... maybe I just run out of cards..><)

@notStaying - agree with icecue7 and Bianary, it is deliberate - running out of cards = loosing - is very common .. the only game i can remember that you have an optional discard is vtes - you don't loose the game but the rule of drawing a card is very different - you draw for your hand stay with a constant number of cards (if you play 3 cards in a turn you'll have to draw 3 ... hmm ... maybe a card that allowing to do that kind of "draw when you play" could be fun ?...)

Mark - ahh... well .. I think I've tried all with my mark - Death ... and I'm thinking on changing (metamophosis) .... any ideas ? ... like.. what is the most funny Mark?
    Last edited by -Samura-; 06-09-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Well if you want the mark that is the least used compared to everything else then you want earth, if you want one that just looks funny then...gravity I guess.

hmm... I think Time or Entropy are the funniest ... a good deck of Earth can be awesome .. I think I'll try everyones ... one by one ...

I just started trying a Time-Aether deck because I wanted to try out the eternity weapon. It's fairly effective but wow it's slow to play compared to the nova deck.

Does anyone know how the spinner probabilities work? Are each of the cards of different types equally likely to come up or is it weighted by the number of cards of a particular type in the deck?
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-09-2009 at 06:29 PM.

indeed.. Time-Aether is a very cool super-control deck

hmm.. i just spot a bug ..

bug - Armagio with Immortality from Anubis wasn't untargatable by my Freeze (Armagio just come to play and wasn't with his Gravity Pull ability) .. here is the screenshot:

Last edited by -Samura-; 06-09-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    Does anyone know how the spinner probabilities work? Are each of the cards of different types equally likely to come up or is it weighted by the number of cards of a particular type in the deck?
    I think each slot have the Probability of the fraction:

P = #Copies/#NoPillarsCards

where:
    #Copies = number of copies of that particular card on the deck
    #NoPillarsCards = number of no pillar cards in the deck

to get all 3 slots with the same card I guess is P^3 (= P*P*P)

a 30 card deck with 8 pillar and 1 rare card, we'll have:
    (1/22)^3 = 0,0001 in 1 ... which is 0,01 % of getting the rare card ...
    a 30 card deck with 8 pillar and 6 copies of the desired card we'll have:
    (6/22)^3 = 0,02 in 1 .. which is 2% of getting the card

hmm... maybe there is some normalization that I'm not seeing here ... zanzarino told us that is about 5%:

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Winning a card with the spinning wheel has about a 5% winning chance for a level 1 elemental, but the percentage greatly increases for highly specialized decks, up to 100% for a deck that has 24 pillars and 6 copies of just 1 type of "non-pillar" card.

e.g.
    24 pillars and 6 fire bolts.
    Defeating that deck will give you 3 fire bolts... ALL the times.
    .. so I guess I'm missing something...

I actually used to do time-aether before I switched to full aether(yes I caved and switched...again). With full aether now the only decks that seem to be giving me trouble are the poison nova decks. They get pretty annoying and seems to be one of the more popular builds right now because its probably one of the most effective compared to the others because there's only one card that can really stop it and they can just freeze your creatures cheaply or reverse time themif you try to take them out before they cn poison you enough.

I'm thinking that Zanzarino probably took into account that people would have more than 8 pillars and oput that into his calculatios or at least thats my best guess

Here is my attempt to break Nova.

Mark of Entropy
    6 Nova
    6 Lycanthrope (Entropy, Darkness)
    2 Momentum (Gravity)
    2 Foresti Spirit (Life, Water)
    2 Deflagration (Fire)
    2 Chrysora (Water, Death)
    2 Blessing (Light)
    2 Firefly (Air)
    2 Reverse Time (Time)
    2 Devourer (Darkness, Earth)
    2 Lightning (Aether)

I have been working on getting 6 of each card including rares this could take awhile.