A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    He probably had the mark of fire card Disaru.
    No. He did not. He started my game off with him with 2 fire marks. Clearly cheating/hacking or a bug... you decide.

It's obvious the beta was rushed and implementation has been poor the past few days. Hell I logged on to the beta yesterday and by the time I was done looking through the new cards and buying upgrades there the real site was up. In fact, there were a number of beta cards that just mysteriously changed when they went live.

Instead of rushing out untargetable phase dragons and 1 quantum earthquakes that make you feel like you're just watching a game of solitaire, why not implement something that forces an opponent to discard a card, bring something back from death, or a large number of other playable ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Skygazer View Post
    No. He did not. He started my game off with him with 2 fire marks. Clearly cheating/hacking or a bug... you decide.

It's obvious the beta was rushed and implementation has been poor the past few days. Hell I logged on to the beta yesterday and by the time I was done looking through the new cards and buying upgrades there the real site was up. In fact, there were a number of beta cards that just mysteriously changed when they went live.

Instead of rushing out untargetable phase dragons and 1 quantum earthquakes that make you feel like you're just watching a game of solitaire, why not implement something that forces an opponent to discard a card, bring something back from death, or a large number of other playable ideas?
    You sure seem up in arms and all bent out of shape for having never posted before... The beta was up for testing all weekend, and apparently zanzarino felt that was enough to release it. Hacking/cheating isn't something that can be avoided by a longer beta testing period.

Unless someone finds/found a different way to use the Phase Dragon than I saw this weekend on beta, then I think it will be fine... Granted, I only played the beta version for about 15 hours this weekend, using and playing against varying Phase Dragon versions for part of it, but heck let's complain about it already! I see far too much complaining about cards on here (usually right after it was used to beat the poster's deck) without suggestions also being made to support fixing the perceived issue.

That 1 quantum Earthquake has to be a mistake, I just checked and it is 2 Earth quanta to cast - that is the 1500 coin-to-upgrade-it version too. The more common version is 3 Earth to play. I suggest clearing the temp files and reloading the page to get the proper v1.1 - that or get your facts straight before you post complaints.

--rob77dp

Count me with those that don't like the new phase dragons.

Before the newest version I could beat mono-Aether, and now I never can. If I can't target the phase dragons, how am I supposed to stop them from killing me? Someone puts out one or two of them, and then I'm dead in just a few turns. I understand that before nobody else could beat Aether, but how are immortal creatures any better?

Maybe my deck just sucks now, and I'm complaining too much, and I should do something else. But I love earthquake so much...it's just fun to play. (Oh, and yes it is still 3 Earth quanta to play earthquake.)

I will say the HUGE expense of upgrading really locks you into a single strategy for good unless you want to be totally outclassed in the top 50. Maybe it should cost 10x the price of a card to upgrade instead of a flat 1500. Make just the rares 1500-2000.

Another idea- make the current top 50 the same decks un-upgraded and add an elite top 50 with the real decks with a bigger reward.

This game is going absurd hard and time consuming..

I think the games gives so low money, players i dunno how some got 2k+ gold to pay for the upgrades, max i had was near 800.
    If i was starting the game i had already give it away. Its so hard to start, and now the oponents have advanced cards in lower lvls, not to mention that with 1win you just get a bit gold, it should be more progressive and gold x3 at least to build a deck for newbie players.

I already beaten that fake gods like 9/90 times(bb money) and ONLY got 4 cards from there(steal,devourer,2xquantumtower) not to mention the gold reward is so ****y that makes nosence it even exists..And they have so much advantadges. 2xdraw card,3xstart mana, all advanced cards, 200hp! it should at least garantie a advanced card or 1500gold to buy 1 advanced or a special coin to trade for advanced/rare cards.

And nerf that imaterial skill its pathetic op..

The DS nerf is pretty stupid if the updated version does the same thing as before the nerf, I have to spend 1500 for the same thing I used to have?
    Last edited by Blue Ray; 08-03-2009 at 09:36 PM.

enhancement request:
    cards eligible for upgrade

the cards shown in the upgrade menu are those which are NOT in my deck (i.e. ones i don't actually use)

a slightly better way would be to allow upgrading cards in your deck (rather than the ones in the bag)

a MUCH better way would be to allow all cards you own regardless of location (so you don't have to shuffle them back and forth)

edit:
    as a third alternative: add three buttons (inventory, deck, bazaar), and allow player to select one (and display cards from the appropriate source)
    note that for bazaar, upgrade price should include the bazaar card price as well.
    Last edited by zzz123; 08-04-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz123 View Post
    enhancement request:
    a MUCH better way would be to allow all cards you own regardless of location (so you don't have to shuffle them back and forth)
    same idea for bazaar, also (not quite sure how to prevent selling so much that you can't afford anything and can't win games to get cards/money back, possibly forcing a minimum of 30 cards and say 5 creatures and 5 pillars to be left, but color coordination sounds complicated to check)

Is there a place to submit bugs?

I had a game where the computer got a flying weapon on the first turn.

Ah never mind, I didn't know how advanced flying weapon worked.
    Last edited by gorgonzola; 08-03-2009 at 09:50 PM.

bug?

emerald shield reflects Holy Light (heal, light deck) unto opponent - may be intentional, as it also does damage to death and darkness.

recommendation:
    make bazaar pay full price for sold cards

bonuses:
    1) removes issue of you buying and selling cards to the point where you can no longer play (in the simplest case: make a 30-pillar deck, sell everything else, buy all pillars, sell them all, buy all pillars... repeat until out of cash and try to do ANYTHING)
    2) slightly improves cash flow - currently a level 3 game generates ~20 gold in cash (assuming you can win some at full health to offset occasional losses), and 3 chances of 5% each of winning a card which sells for an average of 25 or so - totals less than 4 gold per game on average)
    3) allows easier re-specs - i wanted to try a different strategy, but with the average good card costing between 50 and 100 gold...

bug?

chrysaora ability is unaffected by emerald shield

There is no need for personal insults, Skygazer. You have your opinion, and I stated mine in response to yours. If you feel I have been that poor of a forum user, then I apologize to those wronged by my posts. I really enjoy this game and honestly feel posting complaints without a suggested solution is not the purpose of this forum. It is a free game, and at times I tend to forget this - sorry for that. Seriously, are there other free games this enjoyable with a PvP system rivaling Elements, after being released for this short of a time period? Perfection is unrealistic, and the errors that are caught and reported have been getting fixed quickly enough. All those out there having an opinion, what do you think about the Phase Dragon (and to a lesser extent, Parallel Universe)?

Still addicted,

--rob77dp
    Last edited by tonypa; 08-04-2009 at 02:25 AM.

enhancement request:
    add fuller descriptions for summonables and effects
    to find out what an upgraded FFQ summons, i had to go and buy a firefly to see what an upgraded one looks like, and so forth

in most cases you can add descriptions on the summoning card itself, but this approach doesn't scale (i.e. if creature 1 summons creature 2, and creature 2 has very complex abilities, all of this won't fit on creature 1)

if there is really not enough space on the card which does the summoning, probably simplest alternative method is to add a second card to the tooltip to show the effect

in this case the following cards would benefit from this, both the originals and the upgrades (from the cards i own; there may be more)
    * FFQ (firefly/elite firefly) - may be possible to add summoned creature description as text
    e.g. "(g)(g) summon Firefly (Air, 3/2, generates (w) per turn)", where (g) is green Life icon and (w) is white Light one
    * arctic squid (freeze/congeal - definitely enough space to add description. regular "freezes the target creature for 3 turns", upgraded does the same for 4)
    * boneyard (skeleton/elite skeleton) - same idea as FFQ, add skeleton description to boneyard card
    * graboid (shrieker/?) - may need to display the shrieker card separately
    Last edited by zzz123; 08-04-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    All those out there having an opinion, what do you think about the Phase Dragon (and to a lesser extent, Parallel Universe)?
    I think it's a bit strong for being completely un-targetable.

Maybe make immaterial have a 50% chance of ignoring effects targeting it instead of un-targetable?

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    All those out there having an opinion, what do you think about the Phase Dragon (and to a lesser extent, Parallel Universe)?
    --rob77dp
    eh, the dragon's 1 aether cheaper than two immortals and does exactly the same amount of damage per turn (except you can probably play immortals sooner, which offsets the cost)

whether immortal by itself is a balanced effect is a completely different question...

(when your opponent gets a phase dragon from a fate egg, though, life begins to suck.)

PU is ok, although balance and interestingness of play may (or may not) benefit from some additional restrictions (e.g. only castable on enemy units)

I suggested this in chat, maybe it'll get some more support here, or less support :P

Maybe phase dragon should phase in and out of immaterial every other turn. So first turn it's immaterial, then 2nd turn it's targettable, 3rd turn its immaterial again. It gives us a chance to destroy it, although they COULD parallel universe it (although if they PU it when it's in material phase, it stays in material phase and doesn't phase back to immaterial).

Just a suggestion. Don't really like this new immortal dragon, why doesn't any other dragon have an effect lol

EDIT: Btw, the phase dragon was always the problem of aether, it was never PU. If aether didn't have something to PU as strong as phase dragon, it wouldn't be OP as it was and wouldn't have led to nerfing of 3 aether cards lol.

Finally defeated a fake god, yay It was Chaos Lord, the entropy mark, was lucky it had a bad draw so I got my otyughs up fast enough. The card roll was not so lucky, no cards.

About the new Phase Dragon, I really think it made the mark stronger. Basically it's a permanent source of damage, like Morning star or 2 Immortals, with one small note: it's one card, so it's better than both 2 Immortals or Morning star (no need for Flying weapon) as in this game card count is really important. How to counter it? Either stack your deck with enough shields to buy some time or try to dish out more damage, which seems unlikely. Sure, the cost went up, and the damage down, but with it being untargetable by anything, it really doesn't matter. I'd say it would be better if the problem with previously hard to beat mono aether deck was solved by increasing the cost of parallel universe instead of making the dragon immaterial, maybe 10, and leaving the dragon stats as they are now, close to all the other dragons, but without being immaterial.

Another solution: make the cost of PU and Phase dragon the same! That way there's no need to nerf the dragon, as every mark should have a strong but expensive creature, and the PU could be used more for what it was supposed to, a chance to get a creature that you dont have in your deck, instead of making copies of your own. And if you want to copy your card, pay the price

Anyone got a good enough deck vs the fake gods? They are crazy fast :/