A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    The Elements game Animate Weapon is showing correctly, the wiki is just in error then. It is to free flying weapon decks from being hooked onto the Air Mark... (for a price of 1500 per upgraded Flying Weapon, of course )

--rob77dp
    Exactly what I was hoping to hear. thanks!

Found another Burrowing bug...

When you cast Gravity Pull on a burrower (in this case, an Antlion), and it later burrows, not only does the Gravity Pull icon vanish, but the spell effect is cancelled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Rodger View Post
    Found another Burrowing bug...

When you cast Gravity Pull on a burrower (in this case, an Antlion), and it later burrows, not only does the Gravity Pull icon vanish, but the spell effect is cancelled as well.
    I am speaking from memory here, but I seem to recall this coming up before to Zanz and he said it was intended... but after I think about it, that doesn't totally makes sense for it to vanish - only for it to suspend while the critter is burrowed. When I use Time/Earth, my Shriekers can burrow to knock off the Grav Pull and pop back up healthy after...

--rob77dp

Also, I have to complain about Miracle (the god). I've now "randomly" fought against it 3 times in a row now, each time doing at least 400 damage. This last game I did over 700 damage and still didn't win. I think it has too many improved miracle cards!!

Is the Nightfall/Momentum/Mutant burrower bug than also intended, rob77dp?

The one where a burrowing creature loses odd-numbered attack points when they burrow and come up again, but double the effects of attack points gained while burrowed when they unburrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Rodger View Post
    Is the Nightfall/Momentum/Mutant burrower bug than also intended, rob77dp?

The one where a burrowing creature loses odd-numbered attack points when they burrow and come up again, but double the effects of attack points gained while burrowed when they unburrow.
    I think that is in error but thought I remembered Zanz fixing that? So many bugs and fixes and blah blah - I can't keep 'em all straight as it is just by memory - sorry Rodger...

--rob77dp
    Last edited by rob77dp; 08-09-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Can't spell names right the first time :P

bug: arsenic cannot be stolen?

(may be lag-related, but always seems to be affecting arsenic specifically)
    Last edited by zzz123; 08-09-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Can anyone recommend a money farming deck to try and make?

Two ways to beat Miracle:

1. Put out about 20-30 damage out on the table and wear down its health to where it's about 2 turns away from dying, then drop a bunch of high damage creatures out at once to kill it in one blow (Parallel Universe on its biggest dragon works, or on your own biggest creature if you've got 20+ damage creatures also). Alternately, if you have a lot of direct damage (firebolt/drain) you may be able to use that, but Miracle usually puts out jade shield so that's not reliable at all.

2. Boost your damage output until you're doing 100+ damage per turn. Preferably, 200+. Dive/Parallel Universe works beautifully here, although every other level 6 deck has creature control that will make a dive/PU deck pretty crappy at anything other than farming Miracle specifically. (But if you don't have any Miracle spells of your own, putting together a dive/PU and hunting for Miracle matches is probably about the fastest way to get them.)

Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    Two ways to beat Miracle:

1. Put out about 20-30 damage out on the table and wear down its health to where it's about 2 turns away from dying, then drop a bunch of high damage creatures out at once to kill it in one blow (Parallel Universe on its biggest dragon works, or on your own biggest creature if you've got 20+ damage creatures also). Alternately, if you have a lot of direct damage (firebolt/drain) you may be able to use that, but Miracle usually puts out jade shield so that's not reliable at all.
    I didn't realize that the AI would actually take into account how much damage I was doing before uising miracle. I assumed it always used it when it's health dropped below x amount.

At the end of the match I was doing around 90 damage per turn, but it was just pulling out miracles every other turn. Very frustrating (although probably not as frustrating as not being able to attack me for 18 turns, but that's not important )

Quote Originally Posted by velz View Post
    Can anyone recommend a money farming deck to try and make?
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...postcount=1542

I think that is in error but thought I remembered Zanz fixing that? So many bugs and fixes and blah blah - I can't keep 'em all straight as it is just by memory - sorry Rodger...

--rob77dp
    When will we get a dedicated forum so we can track things like this?

I consistently beat the miracle god deck using darkness/gravity. With Gravity shield and Otyughs it does absolutely no damage to me, and vampires keep my health up from its weapon. I either win it outright or it runs out of cards, either way its a very consistent win.

--rob77dp

It was still there this morning. I got a mutant with burrow and a 3 attack value (I forget the defense value). It burrowed, becoming a 1. When I unburrowed it later in the game it was a 2.

Kind of like the time I got a mutant graboid with burrow as its' skill. All it could do was sit there since graboids are already burrowed when played.

very nice game, still need balance

hi, Ive been playing for awhile and want to ask something...

what about a limit for rare cards of the same monster on deck, and limit for shields and swords too

have seen lot of dumb decks filled with rares, looks like they "won themselves" to get all that cards and a limit would be nice to improve the strategies

ie: 3 levels of rarities, level 1 can have up to 5 cards of that rare card, 2 only 3 (total of level 2 rarity) and level 3 only one per deck (no more than one dont matter the type)

I think this game is pretty great but I think Dimensional Shield and spamming devourers are too cheap. They should either have lower effects or have higher costs. Thanks.

"joe=dumbass" submitted a score of 999995 about 5 minutes ago.

He must have a 1337 deck huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    Edit: I *LOVE* How 90% of the people who complain on here are people that play mono-aether and they complain about how other things are SOOOOO overpowered
    I love how you keep sticking your foot in your mouth and showing that you know nothing, yet you keep on yammering nonsense. I don't play mono-aether, nor have I ever played it. EQ is still overpowered.

What an enormous amount of text to contradict an obvious exaggeration for effect. Of course EQ doesn't make every possible deck better. It makes 95% of decks better. But what's even better is that you use an example of a deck that EQ improves to show that it doesn't make all decks better! Please, learn more about this game, then come back and join the discussion.

As far as your contention that EQ to be "an enormous juggernaut", I challenge you to quote anything I said that infers such an idea. I think it is overpowered. That's a far cry from the OMGEARTHQUAKESUXXORSYOUGOTTANERFITORIQUIT attitude which you and six keep trying to paint me as having.

I'm not sure who appointed you the EQ-safety police; perhaps your balls just start to hurt when you think about trying to design a deck without it. Regardless, I won't be playing any more unless it's nerfed. You're welcome to disagree with my opinion as much as you like, but it won't change anything.

Thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    Except no, now you're just being silly. You could claim that earthquake decks are inherently superior to non-earthquake decks--I would dispute you, especially if you were talking about pre-upgrade--but claiming that earthquake makes every deck better is outright absurd. The whole point of earthquake is to shut enemies down right off the bat; if your first earthquake comes out mid-late game, there's a good chance that it will completely fail to accomplish anything. If you're trying to splash non-upgraded earthquake into a deck that's not already a rainbow deck or an earth combo deck (earth/time, earth/darkness, earth/fire, earth/gravity seem to be really the only ones that seem to have any popularity/viability in a competitive sense), there's no way you can hope to reliably get it out quickly enough to justify weakening the core of your deck. Even some of the popular earth combos have trouble effectively using non-upgraded earthquakes (earth/darkness commonly runs few or no stone pillars, earth/gravity is pretty rare but usually doesn't have a lot of stone pillars either.)

Prior to upgrades, I primarily used a FFQ deck for PvP/top 50. I went back and forth on the configuration, but I'd almost always do mono-air pillars with either mark of life or mark of air + 6x nova to get rustlers going. I assert:

1) Attempting to fit earthquake into this deck would make it dramatically less effective. With the 6x nova configuration I had room for a couple of off-color cards; while at times I did use steal which costs the same amount of quanta as earthquake, steal was included specifically to help out in longer-term games, and even then I eventually started using deflagration instead because it was cheaper and more reliable. Including earthquake would either mean removing one of my other, more useful splash cards, or removing one of my main combo setup cards (unacceptable). Including multiple earthquakes and stone pillars would mean doing both, and still wouldn't reliably be able to shoot off earthquakes fast enough to actually shut anyone down.

2) This deck enjoyed great success against earthquake decks in the pre-upgrade era. This is especially true of the nova version, which I adopted primarily for its quick, reliable setups although it does have the added perk of being even more resistant to earthquake strategy (at the cost of being even more vulnerable to creature control--but FFQ decks are going to have difficulty against decks with lots of creature control anyhow).

Now with upgrades in play, including quicksand would be more viable in this deck (although still pretty questionable in my view), and this deck is nowhere near as dominant against upgraded earthquake decks as it used to be against vanilla earthquake decks (even if I was going to shell out to upgrade my FFQ deck, it doesn't have many particularly useful upgrades, especially for this kind of match-up). However, pre-upgrade earthquake was certainly nothing like the unstoppable juggernaut you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    Plus EQ is really aimed at discouraging people from using mono-elements, so its NEVER going to get nerfed. That's basically it's job..
    Well then, it's done it's job. I don't want to use my mono deck any more, and since all I want to play with is my mono deck, I won't be playing any more.

Personally, I can't see why Zanz would want a card that discourages people from playing his game, so I have a hard time believing that this was the point of EQ. But, que sera sera.