A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's hungry?

Nikonist
    Having Pizza in Frankfurt is one of the mortal sins!

Go for Frankfurter Wuerstchen or Eisbein with Sauerkraut and Knoedel!
    When in Rome do like the Romans do!
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    lol, What do you know, I AM going to Rome next month

Loydie...you betcha buddy

Nikonist
    I wish I was in Frankfurt right now...could take ya to my fave streets like Koenig- and Taunusstrasse...nice ambiences there for (not only) photographic studies...

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

el-ig - now you're talking.

Roman pizzas are, IMO, the best I've ever had - get yourself down down to the Jewish quarter - the bases are so thin, almost like paper - the edges are slightly burned - giving them that crisp texture and dark flavour and then the thinest smear of tomato, a hint of garlic and a decent drizzle of quality olive oil and you're away.

I would go back just for the pizzas. Lucky you going there soon.

Frex, find me a cheap lodging and we're on buddy, I'll even cook some Egyptian food for you and the Missus

Loydall Bro I know this little pizzeria five minutes from St. Peter's square, they are Lebanese owners but the thinness of the pizza -since that is your thing- will blow your mind offm it's crispy, baked in a stone oven fired with ACTUAL wood -dunno how they get away with it inside city limits- and the freshness of the Mozzarella cheese and the Romano tomatoes and the fresh aromatic basil leaves.......maaaaaaaaan, I'm waiting for my pizza now, with a small pool of saliva in my lap

El-ig - what's Egyptian food like? I'm thinking Mediterranean meets North African?

Man I'm hungry.

Man it's a LOT easier to tell you who didn't come for an Invasion/Picnic in Egypt, we've had so many influences but we still have so many authentic dishes.

Falafel is one you probably know as a Middle eastern food, but it's 100% Egyptian and we actually follow an ancient Pharoanic recipe from the days of lent, Koshary is another one, also Vegeterian mix of Pasta, lentils, rice, chick peas, tomato sauce and garlic sauce, topped with crispy caramelized onions.

Another stable of Egyptian cuisine is beef and Lamb, we do miracles with them both, we love slowly braised food in clay pots called "Tajines"

nowadays the modern cuisine in Egypt is a mix of Turkish, persian, and North African plus the original flavors. we love herbs and spices like Cumin, Cardamom, Bay leaves, cloves, and we have one of our own that you can only find in Egypt on the mountains of Sinai, it's similar to Arabic gum in looks-kinda yellowish amber like hard resin- which you melt in a little bit of butter or oil before you start tossing your meat, chicken...etc flavor is AMAZING, my family even melts it in butter and then add milk to it and make a dessert of it, it's starting to spread slowly after my Mom shared it on her cook show a few years ago ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

forgot to mention, if you're ever in a middle east country, try EGYPTIAN mix grill, not the other varieties like Lebanese or Syrian, the Egyptian one is marinated for at least 6 hours, very flavourful and succulent, the other varieties are just cut into cubes and grilled, no marinade, no flavor and chewy like rubber

and Egyptian desserts is a whole new story, mostly very heavy, loaded with sugar syrup, and mixed nuts like toasted almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios

Man I'm back in my hotel room now, and getting hungry again

Egyptian falafel -we call it Taámeya- and from the looks of it these are from Alexandria they are stuffed with chili paste, will melt your brains out

Nikonist
    ...just sitting here in front of my breakfast...cup of coffee with nothing but another cup of coffee...damn, have to check my fridge...

www.ajs-design.de

Just sat down to have some breakfast. This thread is making me want to travel AND eat food- but instead I'm stuck here at work for 8 more hours...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

let's create a Ramen Noodle thread with international versions of it

Nikonist
    here is a crab shot from 2006 which is selling quite well on Panthermedia...

no idea why it sells so good, it's nothing but a 'crab' shot

www.ajs-design.de

God!!~~>_<~~You make me feel so hungry!!!! I just want a bite...Oh...escpecially that chinese dish and suspected chinese soup..............
    Create standalone SWF slideshow with Premium flash templates!

DIY slideshow template using flash template editor

Learn more about how to make your own template and DIY fathers day ecard

Quote Originally Posted by el-Ignoramus View Post
    Frex, find me a cheap lodging and we're on buddy, I'll even cook some Egyptian food for you and the Missus

Loydall Bro I know this little pizzeria five minutes from St. Peter's square, they are Lebanese owners but the thinness of the pizza -since that is your thing- will blow your mind offm it's crispy, baked in a stone
    Oven Cleaning fired with ACTUAL wood -dunno how they get away with it inside city limits- and the freshness of the Mozzarella cheese and the Romano tomatoes and the fresh aromatic basil leaves.......maaaaaaaaan, I'm waiting for my pizza now, with a small pool of saliva in my lap
    Oh man sounds really awesome. It is weekend and time to enjoy some good delicious pizza.....

Quote Originally Posted by fadridrocky View Post
    Oh man sounds really awesome. It is weekend and time to enjoy some good delicious pizza.....
    Welcome to Flashkit fadridrocky go on take some shots of your pizza, I realize the post is a few months old but the pizza should be moldy and covered with mushrooms now, which always gives a nice effect

Nikonist
    Quote Originally Posted by el-Ignoramus View Post
    Welcome to Flashkit fadridrocky go on take some shots of your pizza, I realize the post is a few months old but the pizza should be moldy and covered with mushrooms now, which always gives a nice effect
    Huuhh...I see some activity here!!
    Btw. I'm off to Sicily next week and will show some 'food to go' shots when I'm back.

www.ajs-design.de

I guess no one can be able to resist, whatever his condition is! Hungry or not hungry everyone will wish have this delicious meal!