A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

For players who are having problems against Aether:

Earthquakes + Devourers + Steal + Reverse Time + Nova are very potent against Aether. Those are all relatively cheap to summon/cast, so they are faster than Aether. Together they can seriously strain Aether's quantum production and reserve.

Bonewall is also good against Aether.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-17-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    I agree ktchong, dissipation shield only "feels" broken to the player if they are being out quantum-generated during the game, in my experiences. Only the most timely of Diss Shield drops really gives a seemingly unfair advantage... which to means does NOT mean the card is broken.
    Imo, the biggest problem with diss shield isn't necessarily how strong it is -- it's that it's a horrible card for Entropy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    Water:[*]Reservoir (Permanent): Multiplies water production. Each Sapphire Pillar generates an extra water quantum per turn for each Reservoir in play. A stack of Reservoirs can be destroyed by Earthquake like pillars.
    Wow. Ice bolt says o hai.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    Imo, the biggest problem with diss shield isn't necessarily how strong it is -- it's that it's a horrible card for Entropy.
    Thematically more of an aether card?

Wow. Ice bolt says o hai.
    Hehe yep. Turn 8 pillars into 24 easy and starting spamming icebolts. Use freeze to slow the opponent down and you have one hell of a strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Thematically more of an aether card?
    No, it just consumes so much quanta you have to use it with a qpillar deck -- which isn't entropy, it's rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Hehe yep. Turn 8 pillars into 24 easy and starting spamming icebolts. Use freeze to slow the opponent down and you have one hell of a strategy.
    It would make firebolt spam look like a joke. I don't like the idea at all.

Edit: What about something more like this: Reservoir. Permanent. 0 water. Regain the casting cost of your next water spell. Reservoir is destroyed after it activates once. Or gain twice the cost, and have it cost to place. Something like that, but far less than 5-15x quanta per turn per reservoir.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-17-2009 at 09:34 PM.

It would be nice if we could see more "Bolt" spells. For example

Lifebolt 3 life
    spell
    You gain 4 life plus an additional 4 for each 10 life quantum in your possession.

or

Venombolt 3 Death
    spell
    Poison damage 1 target player plus an additional poison damage for each 10 death quantum in your possession.

And an antibolt.

Quantum Backlash 5 fire
    spell
    Deals 1 damage to opponent for each quantum in their possesion.
    (that would also deal with the dissipation shield complaints)

Another thing. There are too few cards with momentum. And they are all limited to gravity. All two of them. Really, it would be nice to see more of it since it is such a good ability.

Edit: What about something more like this: Reservoir. Permanent. 0 water. Regain the casting cost of your next water spell. Reservoir is destroyed after it activates once. Or gain twice the cost, and have it cost to place. Something like that, but far less than 5-15x quanta per turn per reservoir.
    What kind of reservoir would be destroyed after it's used??
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-17-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garruk View Post

Quantum Backlash 5 fire
    spell
    That's a good card. The opponent wouldnt get damaged if he has a DS- but would run out of mana- one point of damage from a creature and the shield is down!

I second this card!!

Message Removed: Nevermind. I misread "Quantum Backlash" for "Aether Backlash".
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-17-2009 at 11:20 PM.

I don't think it's a good card because it's only useful against one and just one particular element. It's useless against in every other situation.

So, this card belongs to one particular element, and it's useful only against one other particular element.

Why would anyone want a card that's useful in one particular situation??
    Its useful against any deck. Opponent takes one point of damage for every point of mana he has.

Why is it a horrible card for Entropy?

It's really the only barely good card for Entropy.

Right now, Entropy is a really weak element.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-17-2009 at 11:21 PM.

What kind of reservoir would be destroyed after it's used??
    The balanced kind :P

I'm sure there are other solutions, but simply dumping extra water quantums is going to be a balance nightmare.

I already said why: Because it relies on qpillars, not entropy quantums. It is not used as an entropy card, it is used as a rainbow card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garruk View Post
    And an antibolt.

Quantum Backlash 5 fire
    spell
    Shouldn't be fire, and definitely shouldn't be 1:1. Late-game it's very easy to have 30-40 quantums built up just from nothing to spend them on, just stockpile a few of these and destroy anyone easier than you ever could bolt them to death.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-17-2009 at 11:28 PM.

The cost to summon an Immortal (Aether) needs to be lowered.

An Immortal costs 7 quanta to summon.

An Anubis (Time), which is a far superior creature with better stats and a similar but superior ability, costs 8 quanta to summon.

That is why no one even bothers with using Immortals.

I agree with Bianary on this one. Dissipation shield isnt used as an entropy card, its for rainbow decks. So is the nova card, which is also in Entropy.

The only way I can see Nova being useful in entropy is if entropy creatures use abilities that require other elements quantum. This would make sense, since many mutations require other element quantum. But making diss. shield more of a rainbow card than entropy card really doesnt help how weak entropy is.

There's 4 ways around dissipation shield:
    1) Steal/Deflag it
    2) Poison/Firebolt/Icebolt/Drain Life
    3) Momentum
    4) Break it by outdamaging quantum pillars, or destroying quantum pillars

The only reason no one likes diss. shield is that #1 only works if its not earth artifacted (which any diss shield deck should have), #2 no one uses firebolt/icebolts ever since those spell reflection shields and poison strategy is too slow vs fast top50 decks.

Most decks try to go through #4, breaking a dissapation shield. and if you havent had trouble breaking it, you obviously have not faced a real diss shield deck, because if you can outdamage 20x3 = 60 damage AND destroy the leftover quantum, and deal with whatever filler they added to their deck (freezes, RTs) then you must have the ultimate deck lol. The only deck that prolly has the potential to rack up that much damage and the leftover is FFQ, and even then, only ONE rain of fire is needed to wipe that out.

#3 is also a good option. People are saying that aether deck is probably the fastest deck. Try a gravity mark, with aether deck. Use momentum on your phase dragons, PU them, and you're unaffected by diss. shield, bone wall, dim shield (even if they steal your shield), and those pesky shields like ice/time/dark shield. It's probably one of my favourite decks to play.

----

If you guys want a solution to Parallel Universe, make it so they cannot PU a creature right after it is played. So the opponent has 1 turn to poison it, RT it, freeze it, firebolt it, owl-eye it, giving it less chance/reason (why copy a frozen dragon). This prevents 5 PUs on 1 phase dragon on one turn, and it doesn't completely nullify PU.

EDIT: I also thing ktchong's idea of linking PU to the original creature, and having their HP linked (destroying original destroys the copies) is a good idea. His chaos shield idea is very good too.
    Last edited by Disaru; 07-18-2009 at 01:02 AM.

There's a "Mark of Fire" card?!?

EDIT: And I could spin for Mark of Fire!
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-18-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Hm. I really do not think either Dissipation Shield, Parallel Universe or Bone Wall is overpowered. Either one has its weaknesses and can be overcome.

Instead of nerfing either one, I'd like to see new cards to boost the strength of other elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    There's 4 ways around dissipation shield:
    1) Steal/Deflag it
    2) Poison/Firebolt/Icebolt/Drain Life
    3) Momentum
    4) Break it by outdamaging quantum pillars, or destroying quantum pillars
    5) Output more damages than the dissipation shield + pillars can absorb.

5) Output more damages than the dissipation shield + pillars can absorb.
    That was number 4.

I beg to differ (I play an Entropy/Rainbow deck).

Maxwell's demon pwns most dragons if the demon is already in play when the dragon comes out. And combined with a Chaos Seed, the demon can often take out many more creatures. It can also drastically slow down a Firefly Queen deck, nuking the small bugs for 2 quantum each and letting you focus the more serious attacks on the queens themselves.

Mutation is chancey, but when it comes through it really comes through. 12/9 creature with immaterial or dive? Had it happen more than once. The weapon skills can also appear on mutants, such as creatures with the ability to steal or destroy. On the other hand, you might get a 2/3 Graboid with the burrow skill or a 1/0 Skeleton.
    And if the opponent has a 10 attack or stronger creature you can't get rid of some other way,. Mutation will often knock it down to an Abomination, 5/5 with no skill. It's also a good card for upgrading 1 point monsters of other colors, or turning those Photons/Sparks into stronger fighters.

Purple Dragon isn't fantastic, but it isn't a joke, either.

Discord I don't have, so can't really comment about.

Mutation

I appreciate your attempt to defend Entropy, but you don't really feel that it's competitve with an Aether or Darkness deck, do you? I'm not putting down your choice of element, I think it's awesome you're playing Entropy (though even you admit that it's actually Rainbow with an Entropy-heavy slant). I think an objective observer HAS to conclude that mono Entropy, Life, Light, etc, are just not competitive choices right now.

That being said, I agree with your statements on Maxwell's Demon and the Purple Dragon. I feel Mutation could potentially be a metagame-changer for Entropy if it were made into a playable card, but right now, it's trash. Yes, you might get lucky with it once in a while, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Along with Life (my original choice, which I had to abandon since it was so weak), I would love to see Entropy become a valid color choice.