A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    new bug

i seem to be having 8 rows of the card Eternity, with diffrent quantities.
    ok i sold 1 of the eternities to se what will happen, and after i sold it my money became NaN. Then i refreshed my page and looged in again and now my money went from 8.5k to 0????? wtf is going on???

Coin toss, redraw starting hand (mulligan)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverBee View Post
    I think if you win the cointoss and may begin, thats to great of an advantage. Why dont balance that, like it is done in Magic the Gathering. The Player who begins just gets 7 cards. I think thats a really important balance issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Winning the coin toss can be a disadvantage if both players have only 30 cards- if the game stalemates, the player who goes first will lose.

It happens a lot if you've played earthquake/dissipation shield/bone wall type decks against each other. Even phase shield to a lesser extent. Empathic bonds/miracles and keep both players alive until decks run out as well.
    I agree with NeverBee. Winning the coin toss and being able to start has too much influence on who is going to win. I lost so many games because the opponent was able to start and put out an Devourer or Arctic Squid prior to my Otyugh. That was the turning point of the match. On the other hand, if I played my Otyugh against these decks first, the opponent often never recovered.

The number of games decided by coin toss is magnitudes higher than the number of games decided by running out of cards. NeverBee also mentioned the solution to this "problem": Simply add a few more cards to your deck or risk to run out of cards. It's your decision.

In a nutshell, reducing the cards of the person to begin to 7 would definitely help to reduce the influence of luck.

Also, optional redraws of one card less than before at the beginning of a match would help to minimize luck and the need to cut down your deck to 30 cards. If you drew 8 bad cards, trade them in for 7 new ones.

feature request:
    change armagio to have free "remove gravity pull" ability when he is under gravity pull effect

these guys are nice at stopping damage, but when i have a firewall out and he's being smacked by a dozen 1/1 creatures this becomes silly

bug?

when gravity pull is in effect, only some shields function
    (those which have miss chance or other attack restrictions seem to continue to function; things like firewall do not work)

feature request:

change cash payouts for slot machine
    currently the third one takes the longest to stop, but gives absolutely nothing if the first two are different (and so why am i wasting time watching it? i *know* i won't get anything)

add a coin payout for any two being identical, not just the first two

and just in case i haven't mentioned it yet - awesome game!

bug?

stealing a bone wall steals only *one* bonewall, and leaves the rest in place

Hi All!

Just dropping by and say hi to the Elements community

I'm back to play! (I never quited - I was out on vacations!! xD - in the beach ;P )

*back on reading the forum ...*

Sam you missed out on A LOT here recently with the upgrades coming out in beta and all that. Plus you need to come join the chat.

balance issue:
    Trident is absurdly overpowered

take a rather overpowered spell (earthquake)
    give it as unlimited charges to a rare weapon
    result: those who have it have an instant and absurd advantage over those who don't.
    so far every time the thing has come into play my pillars have completely disappeared within 4-5 turns at most and i have eventually lost.

Sam, I just met your deck: a Bone/Nightfall (I ofc owned it cos the comp sucks)

The fact is: I created that deck by my own and pvped with it this week

Now: did you stole my idea (^_^) , or was it already invented back in the days (-_-)?

Quote Originally Posted by zzz123 View Post
    balance issue:
    Trident is absurdly overpowered

take a rather overpowered spell (earthquake)
    give it as unlimited charges to a rare weapon
    result: those who have it have an instant and absurd advantage over those who don't.
    so far every time the thing has come into play my pillars have completely disappeared within 4-5 turns at most and i have eventually lost.
    Please do not make this like WoW forum: full of crying nerf request (or buff request, when the subject is your preferred card)

And, as Disaru said 2 pages ago: if you think denial is too good, either play with more Novas or make your own denial deck

Loosing the coin toss can be an advantage too.

I have a 60 card Rainbow deck and its spezialised on countering the opposits taktic.

For example, if your up against a Death deck with boneyards, vultures and viruses, i stop playing any monster cards, knowing that that would only feed the enemys boneyards and vultures.

If you know what kind of deck and what kind of taktic the enemy is going to use, you can save the more important cards, and discard/sacrifice the unimportants.

Off course that only works with a flexible deck. 30 card Decks are often set in stone as soon as the game starts.
    Last edited by Drakenclaw; 08-02-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Fallen Elf

Hello all.

First thing: Great game, I've been playing a lot since I started about a week ago.

I like the consepts of the new stuff in the Beta test. The new cards and the upgradecards are realy fun ideas. I have mostely teasted the Fallen Elf card.
    My Beta deck is called Test4fun. Have a look at the latest incarnation of my Mutating Elf deck.

I must say I'm not sure the upgrade for the elf is to my likeing, though. I realy like the killing potential of the elfs abilety both for tactical reasons as well as the fun of the random factor. A consistant strong mutation takes way from the flavor of the Elf in my oppinion. I would love to se a 0\4 or 0\5 elf who upgrades to 0\6 or 0\7. The Elf is too easy to kill now, and the Elf is more of a "lover" than a "fighter" in my oppinion.
    A possible option for making the Elf viable for pvp play: The Elf Mutates instead of dying when it is killed.

To sum it up: I realy love the Fallen Elf card and I would play it outside the Beta even though it isn't realy usefull as it is against a thinking opponent. You would probably be much better of playing a basic Mutation card in pvp.

Again thank you for a very fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaythal View Post
    Please do not make this like WoW forum: full of crying nerf request (or buff request, when the subject is your preferred card)

And, as Disaru said 2 pages ago: if you think denial is too good, either play with more Novas or make your own denial deck
    note, i'm not *****ing about a particular strategy, only about a specific card (earthquake is friggin' powerful, but it's a card, so it interferes with card flow and is limited. trident, if not a game ender, improves win chance by such a large percentage that...)

as for "make your own denial deck" - out of 280 wins, i've gotten only one rare card and it wasn't a trident.
    otherwise i would

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    Hi All!

Just dropping by and say hi to the Elements community

I'm back to play! (I never quited - I was out on vacations!! xD - in the beach ;P )

*back on reading the forum ...*
    Two things - WELCOME BACK!!! Glad to have you with us. Now, if you don't already know, then there is a wiki for the game at www.elementsthegame.wikia.com - its always wanting articles - 100 is the target, then it can be featured and advertized on other sites. Then more than 100 articles obviously. Did you have a good time on holiday?

Next thing...

I downloaded some games for my DSi this morning, (DSiWare) and was thinking, 'What would make a good addition to the available DSiWare?' (you can see where this is going, right?) How about, zanz, you approach Nintendo, and see if they would either make a full-blown buy-a-card-for-30-pounds-and-play-it game, or a DSiWare version. I know that I'd play it, I'm sure others would, and it would be fantastic advertising. What do you say?

btw...I'm in France, on holiday, connected to the net through my DSi, so things may not be spelt right. I can't play the game though, because DSi's can't get flash...:,(

Quote Originally Posted by Kaythal View Post
    Sam, I just met your deck: a Bone/Nightfall (I ofc owned it cos the comp sucks)

The fact is: I created that deck by my own and pvped with it this week

Now: did you stole my idea (^_^) , or was it already invented back in the days (-_-)?
    Hi Kaythal, that deck I made back before I went to vacations 3 weaks ago

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    Two things - WELCOME BACK!!! Glad to have you with us. Now, if you don't already know, then there is a wiki for the game at www.elementsthegame.wikia.com - its always wanting articles - 100 is the target, then it can be featured and advertized on other sites. Then more than 100 articles obviously. Did you have a good time on holiday?
    Yeah I did a really good time ... I hope I get some more before the summer is over ^^

about the wiki - yes, is a great idea, I just posted yesterday my old "Dark -Skelies" deck to it .. it was built to win Aether on the regular version, but it is strong too in the Beta if all cards are upgraded of course.. (at least - Bone Wall - because of the high cost on Beta)

Came across something wierd in BETA, when you choose which rare you want it's missing arctic squid, does it just offer weapons or did the developer just forget to put AS in?

Few more notes:
    1. The immaterial phase dragon kinda killed aether strategy
    2. Upgrated collosal dragon might be my favorite now
    3. The fake god is really strong, but what's worse about it is the rewards arn't all that good...why is it that the spins still remain the same since lvl 3? how about upping the spinner for lvl 6 atleast since it's pretty hard to beat. Dont really care about getting a updated card.
    4. Lessening the amount it took to summon a card was kinda unimaginative for a updated card.

What did everyone else choose to get for their rare?
    I chose arsenic to try a arsenic-parallel universe strategy
    Worked ok, not too great...shoulda gotten discord.

Lol! OK. From all the whining, bone wall has been nerfed to over twice it's original cost.

Each update, aether gets another downgrade. Time/Aether Anubis is kind of useless now that most aether creatures are already immortal, which was probably one of the most viable combinations with aether. I can see why you want to prevent mono-aether, and promote combinations with aether, but now it's just nulled to the bone.
    The only thing a mono-aether deck can PU is phase spiders, but I don't see why PU got another downgrade because mono-aether can't copy anything else. I still think it should be at 6, considering you can't copy phase dragon anymore, why would you waste 7 quanta to copy a 3 quanta phase spider?

My predictions, once upgraded FFQ decks come to rise, it'll get nerfed :P Upgrading a FFQ is like getting multiple upgraded creatures (elite fireflies).

EDIT: FFQ sucks!! just tried it out. my prediction is wrong lol I think the original FFQ was even better, you could use rustler or miracle. fire doesn't do anything for you lol
    Last edited by Disaru; 08-02-2009 at 11:40 PM.

My prediction- upgraded earthquake will show up in every single deck. The best card in the game got even better.