A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Game] Dual

[Game] Dual

This is my latest game. I've worked in this project for some time, it's the biggest one I've actually finished. Please play it and tell me what you think. I tried to go the classic Contra type of game with some twists. Hope y'all like it

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/450347
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

yeah that was pretty cool, the AI might be a little off, I saw one walker dude commit suicide

cool music and I love the robot voices. Nice work.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Seemed fun, but I got stuck in between the boxes and the shed right at the beginning of the first level. I managed to do that twice and gave up. Having the jump key away from the other movement keys always throws me.

Why is it called Dual?

His newgrounds description: "It's a shooter, where you can get new special weapons along the way and beat big bosses to see if at the end you can beat the only robot that is at your level... your dark version. You will get bigger scores by passing the most of the game at once. Notice that beating bosses gives you big scores. There are also some secrets hidden in almost every level. Hope you like it "

I'm guessing it has to do with "your dark version."
    mmm signature

Your preloader shows just halfway through.
    lesli_felix that happened to me too twice. Pay some more attention to level design. Seems like you cannot even jump over the building because there's an invisible wall and then you're stuck.
    http://hatu.biz
    Portfolio & games

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    pretty good, but, wow the tutorial is too tired and the letters ahould have a different color, some times is hard to read

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

doItLikeThis
    I played it, very nice work. Can't believe you did the graphics and the music as well, rare thing.

Played through the first boss till the snow world, then died. Great playing contra style game overall, good job!
    -Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by mr_malee
    yeah that was pretty cool, the AI might be a little off, I saw one walker dude commit suicide

cool music and I love the robot voices. Nice work.
    Thanks so much! Yeah, I told them to be aware of the holes in the ground but they didn't hear me

Quote Originally Posted by lesli_felix
    Seemed fun, but I got stuck in between the boxes and the shed right at the beginning of the first level. I managed to do that twice and gave up. Having the jump key away from the other movement keys always throws me.

Why is it called Dual?
    Sorry if I didn't explain that well. That was the tutorial, it was intended to be just like a test area, you don't have to pass it. It was for you to test your new weapons and that stuff so yeah, you get stuck there, there's nothing else in that level. With the jump key, you can set them in the menu if you want. It's called dual for what ChaseNYC pointed, the story isn't told but there were like the 2 best robots which is you and the other one which was used for evil, basically that's why Thanks for your reply and if you give it another try I'd thank you bunches

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseNYC
    I'm guessing it has to do with "your dark version."
    Yeah, you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by hatu
    Your preloader shows just halfway through.
    lesli_felix that happened to me too twice. Pay some more attention to level design. Seems like you cannot even jump over the building because there's an invisible wall and then you're stuck.
    Yeah, sorry again for that. That is just the tutorial, you don't have to pass anything there, it's just for testing. The actual game begins in world 1, please give it another try, I'd thank it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by scheletro
    pretty good, but, wow the tutorial is too tired and the letters ahould have a different color, some times is hard to read
    Yeah, I just wanted to cover all the things in the tut. I played with colors but didn't quite find one that made a good contrast and looked good so white stayed, and as it wasn't done in flash 8 I couldn't use filters. Thanks for commeting

Quote Originally Posted by adit_ya_sharma
    I played it, very nice work. Can't believe you did the graphics and the music as well, rare thing.

Played through the first boss till the snow world, then died. Great playing contra style game overall, good job!
    Thanks so much man I'm glad you liked it. Actually gaming and music are two of the things I enjoy the most (I know the music is no big deal but I did what I could ).
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

Haha oh right. You should make it even more clear that it's a tutorial/test area. Maybe even put it somewhere else than the level selection.
    Fooled some smart guys like lesli_felix and me already

The game seems great other than that. Good old school side scrolling shooting. Definitely reminds me of Contra.
    http://hatu.biz
    Portfolio & games

I wastn't aware of that til you mentioned it, thanks . And thanks for trying it out again greatly appreaciated. Yeah, Contra was the inspiration for this one.