A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Don't play entire movie on "BACK"

Angry

Does anyone know a way to avoid playing the entire movie animation again when someone uses the browsers "Back" button??? I'd like to force them to go to the last frame of my movie which displays all the
    "NAV" buttons...

Senior Moderator
    use a temporary cookie that is only valid for say 20/30 minutes amx. For using cookies with flash checkout http://www.moock.org

Hope that helps!!
    Regards FlashGuru

Another way is to check in the first frame if the movie has fully loaded (before any preloaders). If it has goto the relevant point in the movie to display the navigation buttons. This way if the movie has already been downloaded it will go straight to the nav buttons.

That's a simpler way but has less control than the cookie method. Cookies can "remember" any number of restart points. The way above only gives one. It just depends on what you need to do. Also, some people disable cookies so it may not always be reliable.

Let me know if you need more,

Rich

Thanks for the help... I will give that a try and see how it works... I think I like the meathod that gives me the most control over the movie itself... I'm such a "control freak"... thanks again...