A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: disappearing .swf in Mac/IE?!

Hello all.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH My .swf disappearing in Mac/IE when it updates a another frame via getURL?

The .swf is still there, but is only revealed when I rollOver it!

I've been told that this has to do with placing more than one .swf into an HTML table, which I am doing. Can anyone confirm?

I haven't tried this fix yet because I work on a Windows platform and don't always have Mac access.

Thanks in advance,
    mark

Hi,
    this is a very weird BUG on IE5.
    To solve it you have to make sure that the table your swf(s) is (are) embedded in has no "align" definition.

read here:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=197677

(lovo emailed me that my suggestion worked)

ciao

Hey me,

Thank you for the advice. I decided to remove the table entirely. However, I just got to an iMac and discovered that it is still not working. :o(

Do you think that I should re-insert the .swf's into a table and just remove the align attibute?

I forgot to mention that it is a frame-based site. Do you think that that is a factor in my problem?

Frustrations....arrghhhh!!!

Thanks again for your input.

-mark

Hm, can you post a link to the problem?

Or is it your homepage link?
    I cannot see a problem with your homepage.

ciao

url

Here it is.
    http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/im2/rfksa1966

I appreciate your time. Let me know what you think (asthetics aside-I'm still working on that :0) )

regards,
    mark

Hi again.
    Viewed the site with IE5.0 and Netscape 4.5 (on MAC of course) and I couldn´t find a problem with the flash menu.
    Nothing is disappearing, and it looks like everything is working right.

Make sure that on the iMac, you viewed the site, the latest flash plugin is installed.
    Additionally clear the browsers cache before viewing, you might have some old documents in the cache.

Some of the html texts have weird formatings when viewed in IE5, with NN4.5 everything looks ok, for example the "Website contents" page.
    There´s the first point "introduction to the..." followed by a large vertical space, followed by the other four points.
    This vertical spacing appears in some other pages too.

I´ve read through some texts...
    ... interesting and useful piece of information, of course!

ciao

Hi Me.

Well, since my last post, I've decided to make all of the buttons one .swf. So, that might be why it was working when you checked. Whatever the reason is, I'm happy. Thanks for all your input.

Originally, I had the bottom, round "back to the overview button as I separate .swf. I'm not sure why. I think I wanted to keep it separate because it was calling a javaScript funtion. Mixing Flash with JS is new to me, and I new it would have plenty of bugs in the beginning.

As far as the probblem with the text, I HAVE NO IDEA! I didn't want to mention that on Flashkit, as it doesn't seem to be a Flash-related problem. Thanks for pointing it out to me though. It's another problem that seems to be Mac/IE related.

Do you know where I could find answers that would help me fix that problem?

PS... I love FLAC64!!

thanx again,
    mark
    [Edited by mightymark on 09-02-2001 at 11:42 AM]

FlaC64:
    thanks! It´s a little homage to the first computer I owned. those early 80's were pretty funny times.

Your html:
    I´m not very good with html and styles, sorry.
    You could post the problem in the "backend & scripting" forum here at FK.
    I think someone can help you there.

good luck