A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Series Resonance

Series Resonance

please study the Series Resonance movie and offer your comments.

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Scrip...9747/index.php
    <signature removed by admin>

This is a great way to teach physics. I definitely understand LRC circuits better for having played with this. I also have a lot of suggestions.

1. The dynamic text boxes on the bottom should be placed next to their corresponding sliders. Make the circuit diagram much larger so that text boxes can be placed inside it.
    2. You should write the instructions in HTML, then embed the Flash movie in the HTML file. I wish I could highlight the text. I would like to see the simulation and the instructions on the same screen. When I go back to the instructions, the simulation resets. All these would be fixed by porting the instructions to HTML. You can type them out in Microsoft Word (for equations, press Alt-Equal) and export it all as HTML.
    3. I'm used to seeing plots against time. But I'm having trouble imagining how that would look. Maybe add an option for current vs time.
    4. I want more freedom to choose bad parameters. Shouldn't the current go negative in some cases? RLC_transient_plot.svg
    5. It's tough to tell what the grid lines mean. Though the moving labels are nice for the peak, it's good to have static axis labels too.
    6. Your sliders do not look like sliders. You should use the ones provided with Flash (Components window > Slider).

That's probably more advice than you wanted, but I think this could be a great teaching tool without too much extra effort.

Thank you for your comments. I shall try to implement them in due course.
    <signature removed by admin>

who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

10 years, huh. here is my resonance simulator from 2009

I am Achyut Veluvali, Freelance Flash Animation and action script programmer. I am a Postgraduate in Electrical Engineering. After retirement in 1997, from working in a Heavy Electrical machines company, I have taken up the development of Flash movies and games as a hobby. I have published several of them in Flashkit.com an open source flash developers forum. I have also developed Flash games for some clients in USA, and Belgium.
    Beavers working for electrical machines company, that's new.
    Last edited by realMakc; 10-18-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2