PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Can you answer this one??

tchase
02-22-2001, 03:33 PM
I see there are a lot of people who are not sure of what they should be charging for site development and flash intros, Is there anyone who can give some advice on what a decent starting salary is? I am working for a small information systems consulting company in CT. I started about 3 mths ago just after grduating with my bachelors. They offered 30k and two weeks vacation. My responsibilities exceed that of an entry level position. I start with meeting the clients, discussing the site, writing a proposal for time and size of site, and finally executing the job from start to finish. Then I post it after aproval from the client. I use dreamweaver, flash, go live, photoshop, illustrator, director, fireworks, streamline, infinity, among others.
When I took the job I ensured a reevaluation of salary once we had some time to evaluate one another. What do you think my salary requirements should be? How should I go about getting more money to go along with my growing responsibilities? I probably should mention that there is no one to guide me or give direction. I am on my own to solve any problems I come up against and have done so fairly well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
TC

Neelixx
02-22-2001, 04:08 PM
Your Salary is based upon multiple things. Cost of living, business opportunities, metropolitan area etc etc

Your best bet would be to go to
http://www.salary.com

By placing your job title, industry, and zip code.. you can find a wealth of information that many HR professionals use

Good Luck!
--Neelixx

tchase
02-22-2001, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Neelixx
Your Salary is based upon multiple things. Cost of living, business opportunities, metropolitan area etc etc

Your best bet would be to go to
http://www.salary.com

By placing your job title, industry, and zip code.. you can find a wealth of information that many HR professionals use

Good Luck!
--Neelixx

Thanks Neelixx,

How accurate is the information on salary.com?
TC

Neelixx
02-22-2001, 04:37 PM
Yes, I believe it is. However, keep in mind... that salary is the number one most opinionated topic in all the industries. But, this will, at least, give you a nice foundation to base it off of.

They are a legitimate and reputable company, to answer your question. Just don't say... "Well, Salary.Com said I should be making this!!". haha. It just gives you a working knowledge of what national market analysts collect.

Good Luck!
--Neelixx

SSurfer
02-24-2001, 07:27 AM
well I don't really have anything constructive to say but

2 Weeks vacation ???????????? a year ???????
this sounds horrible! wouldn't even be allowed in AUSTRIA!
We have at least 5 weeks ...

darkstar
02-24-2001, 09:16 AM
depends how good you are. hehe