PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : >>>is this ultradev book any good

iCEBERG2000
02-27-2001, 06:29 AM
yo I just looked at the Dreamweaver ultradev 4 book by Sams "Teach yourself in 21 days" series, and it looked really good to me.

has anyone experienced this book and found it helpful?

I want to make sure it's really helpful.

thanks
iCEBERG

iCEBERG2000
02-27-2001, 07:52 AM
I read a few critics at amazon, most were good and the overall was "helpful" tho a couple were shattering the book.

May background is Dreamweaver 4 which I am pretty good at but want to enrich them sites with ASP, JSP and CFML so would you recommend that book?

thanks

iCEBERG

zacvin
02-27-2001, 12:06 PM
Hey Iceberg, whats up!

I have not ever read the book you are referring to, but I have a ton of books by Sams, and love every one of them. Sams "21 days" books are normally for people who are just starting out, so if you are already good at Dreamweaver, you might find some of it too ease. But on the other hand, I have the mySQL in 21 days book, and it covers about everything you could ever what to know, including how to administer the the database from the perspective of a sysaddmin. Sams also has the "unleashed" series, which is more for intermediate to advanced. You might see if there is an unleashed for Dreamweaver.

Oh yea, that email interview you did, my prof. loved the oral report, and even launched into a discussion on German efficiency.

take it easy

iCEBERG2000
02-28-2001, 08:40 AM
yo zacvin

thanks so far. From what I saw from the book I really liked it and they way the steps were described, I just want to make sure it's good even if you work with it in depth.

I like the book being in English tho, that is better than translated in german I think.

I heard from a critic at amazon that it does not cover Access database administration, which I think it should, but I am not too sure baout it yet.

I am glad you liked the interview, glad I could help.
What is the german efficiency then? :D

Maybe any other comments?

thanks
iCEBERG

zacvin
02-28-2001, 04:11 PM
By German efficiency my prof. was referring to the German's ability to mass-produce things on stuff like that. Like for example, he was impressed by having a lecture of 500 people, since it is far more efficient than lecturing 25 at a time like our class.

<different subject>
Another great book by sams that I would recommend is "learn java in 24 hours" if you don't know java (not JavaScript). I think they have changed their "24 hour" books to "21 days" now, but I am sure it is similar. This was the first java book I got, and it really got me up to speed on thing fast. If you are used to working in languages like c, c++, or even perl, you won't believe how much fun java can be! If you don't really program, there is no better language (in my opinion) to learn on. One great book.
</different subject>