PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : help...publishing a movie in single time line as website

mental systems
03-01-2001, 08:44 PM
Hi guys...
I am new to flash,just made and publish my first website,but with a problen, when you type in the name(mentalsystems.net) you get tossed to a home page (white page (the server) with the listed files and then you have to click in the swf. to see the flash website.

how the hell should I publish, so the user arrives straight to the movie????

the site is constructed as a single time line, the first keyframe is the home page.

I tried to name htm. a little animation as home page but it displays a hiroglyphic...

help....

mimaviba@hotmail.com

zacvin
03-04-2001, 04:25 PM
Well, it sounds like you don't have an index.html page. Whenever you go to a site,by default the server automatically displays whatever file it finds that is named index.html . Remember, you don't change the .swf file to index.html (unless you rename and republish both the .swf and .html files), but you can rename the html file, without changing anything on the .swf file.

The question is really not a boardroom question though. You will find much more information and help if you go the thee general help forum. Since you are new, I understand the mistake though; we all have posted the wrong question in the wrong forum at one time or another.

Good luck.