PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : [Resolved] What program did this guy use!!?

jAQUAN
07-25-2000, 09:15 PM
http://www.derbauer.de/
what app did he prepare the 3d for this site in? or is it just small after effects stuff?
I have to know

gooch
07-25-2000, 10:58 PM
it could be just about any 3d app. it's all bitmap. prolly lightwave or max. its a really cool site but i don't like all the bitmap. more 3d vector. It's got really good sound design though, that's what i like most about it.

jk

Jo Smith
07-25-2000, 11:56 PM
I AGREE!! Awesome site, this is the wave of the future to be sure. They say what they've used to make the site, softimage, lightwave, their 3d animations are small, if the bitmap is large, the screen you are looking into, a single bitmap graphic is used. I may come from a 3d world, buy I've also seen what can be faked with flash. These guys have used a combo of both, It also looks like they've used a wave filter from After Effects on the Bitmaps. I believe this website is an example of what many people will want their websites to look like in the future. On Debauer.de they say " we know how the rabbit runs". OK fine, lets figure out how this rabbit runs, so we can make similar sites. If you recognize a specific aspect of the site as using a filter, 3d animation package, after effects, programming in C ,html, etc. and you feel you may know even one of the tricks, please submit. If we don't help each other, what do we have.

vredevoo
07-26-2000, 12:33 PM
Your right. I know little about 3D animation on the web, and have not been that interested in a lot of web graphics thus far, but this site changes everything. This is definately the look of the Web in the new Millenium. I have been more into the coding of Web Pages then graphics, but this is changing my perspective. I also liked that Yigal-Azrouel this month. The picture clips here almost seem to change direction as if you are looking at a hologram. The point is that both of these sites have a realistic feel to them. Like something you would see on a Film or TV. Let me know if you find out what software was used on this site. I am very interested

Jo Smith
07-26-2000, 04:24 PM
OK, I think they've used a program like Illusion for the section of the page where you are traveling through a sort of wormhole looking thing, a skeleton face extrudes and goes back, they've taken the illusion images and masked them so they are behind the 3d window(probably in after effects). Check out the demo of illusion on Coolfun.com and tell me if you agree.

odi
07-28-2000, 04:56 AM
try rhino3d...

nice 3d modeling
imports cadfiles
and it saves as .ai
you can import .ai files in flash