PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Loading movies from SwiffCANAVAS

Explorer
07-27-2000, 07:12 PM
SwiffCANAVAS is a really cool tool, but i cant load any movie.

I have got an EXE made in flash. Lets call it somexe.exe. I user the Load Movie command somewhere. It worked till i made the exe in SwiffCANAVAS. The Load Movie command just dont work.

Please, HELP!

iceunsafe
07-30-2000, 04:05 PM
I think this is because SwiffCanvas runs from a random temp directory:

I've had similar problems with SwiffCanvas: I can load varibles from a text file until I build the file in SwiffCanvas. I think the we've got the same problem. It looks like SwiffCanvas creates a random temp directory and runs everything it needs from that directory. So, if you running the file from c:/ and your projector is in c:/ and the load movie (load varibles in my case) works fine until you build & run with SwiffCanvas. Then the projector runs from c:/windows/temp 46546546 654654 4654654 (some random garbage after "temp"). I thought the solution would be to "back" out of the c:/windows ... and get to the directory where the projector is stored, but either you can't do that, or I've got the syntax wrong.

After many tries, I've given up on SwiffCanvas for now. I'd love to use it but I can't get around that bug. I'd like to know if anyone else has any ideas ... but I there doesn't seem to be any SwiffCanvas support out there. :)

Explorer
07-31-2000, 04:21 AM
I know what to do to load those movies. I have to add those swf files to additional file list in SwiffCANAVAS and then build the projector, but it pisses me off, cause the projector file is getting bigger and bigger.

iceunsafe
07-31-2000, 08:51 AM
(1)The folks at SwiffTools wrote to me and said:

.. you can work around this using the "LaunchPath" variable from the "SwiffCANVAS.dat" file that is placed in the temp.
directory on every projector launch. It contains the path to the folder from where to projector was launched.

(2)I picked up this bit of syntax asking the FlashGuru about another problem:

Load Variables ("file:///c|/txtinfo.txt", 0)

It makes the path absolute. No matter where I put my projector, it will load the right file. :) I'm sure it will work for you movies as well.

- Iceunsafe

SwiffTOOLS
08-01-2000, 08:30 PM
This seems to be a common problem: I'll make sure to update the doc's on this issue.

- Edwin.

iceunsafe
08-02-2000, 08:49 AM
Thanks - that would be helpful. I'm glad to see your here @ FlashKit! Nice program, by the way. The demo file is very helpful.