PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : need music animated

JACK WELLS
07-30-2000, 12:19 PM
looking for someone to animate song for showcase of new site to be launched and advertised nationally. We are offering this project for promotional consideration only and will select the best entry. You can download song at http://www.MusicNearYou.com
any questions reply to jackwells@richwelladv.com

fishee
07-30-2000, 01:48 PM
"We are offering this project for promotional consideration only"...

Umm...and just what sort of/how much promotional consideration can we expect?

-fishee

Naldoman
07-30-2000, 03:10 PM
A year's supply of Turtle Wax(tm) would be nice.

Fishee, I'm always to hesitant to raise this issue, but ANYONE can post a web site and thus promote themselves on the web. I know exposure on more frequented sites can be good for business, but offering a free bottle of Gatorade to a sprinter for winning a race seems rather weak.

I think an offer of a contract for work would be much more appropriate. I'm not talking about building a site, but at least a few ads or something you could cite as a completed assignment as opposed to a being a "contest winner".

Designers tire quickly of giving their best efforts away for free.

JACK WELLS
07-30-2000, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by fishee
[quote][b]"We are offering this project for promotional consideration only"...

Umm...and just what sort of/how much promotional consideration can we expect?

-fishee

The site will be promoted nationwide via a nationally syndicated music countdown show 20 The Countdown Magazine
as they are a partner in this venture. Many find this type of work "working for free" but let me tell you from past ventures a high profile project can be more effective than all the self promotion you can do. This project was not intended for the artist that has plenty of work but for new
artist breaking into the market.
Best Regards
Jack

fishee
07-31-2000, 12:18 PM
I'm downloading the song now....Did you have any more specific ideas in mind regarding what you wanted it to contain for content and length of time for the presentation?

-fishee

fishee
07-31-2000, 01:02 PM
Were you planning on making visitors download a 5meg audio file or is this going on a CD? Or did you just want snippets?

And on a side note, is this song about the Columbine killings?

-fishee

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:20 PM
plz remember some of us have slower modems than 56k...

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 08:15 PM
for some unnatural reson i still acnt get it......

JACK WELLS
08-02-2000, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by armadillo88
for some unnatural reson i still acnt get it......

Sorry we have been swamped with request to work on this project and have now worked an agreement for a second tune
about the Jonesboro and Columbine shootings. This tune has recieved national attention in the past as was performed by country music star John Berry and songwriter
Lisa Lee. This version is being remixed this week with just the female voice to lend it more to animation.
Any interest let us know before this project is closed.