PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Final Fantasy VIII

fierystars
07-31-2000, 09:26 AM
for those who have been playing final fantasy viii and have conquered that beast on the communication tower at dollet, how da hell do you kill that thing? it killed my squall :( zell, and that girl (stelphi? stephie? can't recall her name) i tried using my GF's but they dunt do much damage to the beast...help plz...

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 10:32 AM
hmm ok. let me try and remeber this. its been a while. ok i think in got it. ok now i killed this thing superbly fast and on first trey. i beleiv e i used lots of magic. keep stealing stuff from this monster. ok now what you gotta do is just keep attacking with magiic and the person who get theres max attack thingie. when you kil it its not over. when you leave itll follow you down. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! make sure you dont get tcuk at corners. this is where it gets hard. some parts you cant avoid getting in to the fight with the spider such asa the bridge adn down the hill. when you fight it you attack with two people and leave the chic for healing. use gifs wisley and in precise timing. keep running. make sure it doesnt catch up with you in the street. make sure it doesnt throw the car on top of you cause it takes alotta hp off. bnut your almost there so keeep goping tand youll see a nice fmv where squall is last and about to be killed when his sexy ass teacher starts shotting at ikt with a machine gun terrut on the baot and the thing falls down and i wont say any more and your probably alread pissed at me for spoiling it right? hmm hoped this helped. and if your still stuck you can get a gameshark. heh heh heh

fierystars
07-31-2000, 10:37 AM
when u refer to magic, are you talking about using the GF, or using the "magic" in the command menu? I have attack, draw, GF, and item in my command menu...does it need to be changed?

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 11:02 AM
heh heh heh. sorry about that. i was mixing both ff7 and 8 ok now what you wanna do is use draw on the lil bastard and then use item. tahts what i meant. the item magic like fire blot or whatever the hell its called. use lighting tough since its a machine.

fierystars
07-31-2000, 11:19 AM
will the lightning bird (one of my GF) do? I try drawing, but it always says "draw failed" or something like that...

Fender
07-31-2000, 01:25 PM
there's a tip for this boss, during the fight, press pause and then up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start

fierystars
07-31-2000, 01:30 PM
um...i have this for the computer...so what is B, A, and Start on the keyboard? I really want it for playstation...the program itself takes up around 300 megabytes on the comp!!!

CNO
07-31-2000, 01:43 PM
Fender is citing the good old Konami code from days of NES lore. But I don't think it's applicable in this situation.

fierystars
07-31-2000, 02:05 PM
oh...i can't beat this damn monster...<fierystars rips out hair in frustration...>

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 02:48 PM
feiry just. damn this is like the easit boss ever! this is in the begginig right? your fight ing the spider boss right? mabye you should go out. if u can and fight random battles to gain levels. the lightning bird gf will work. um i have no clue why uopu cant beat this guy. and fender is messing with ya. he stated a sonic the hedge hog code taht gave you any level. ther is no b or a on playstaion. only square circle triangle and X. these are all shapes which they have on there. just go and fight lots of random battles. draw lots of stuff. make sure you have all your weapons and armor the best that u can. make sure that you have a high hp and the rest it luck. but for gods sake when you beat him make sure you save it cause its gonna get harder.

fierystars
07-31-2000, 02:51 PM
this is the winged guy on the communication tower...the first big monster you see after leaving for the SeeD exam... where's the spider boss?

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:04 PM
oh man. u havent fought the spider boss yet? crap. now u in deep troubnle. ok the wigned one just wip out special attacks (what are they called again) and gf's. just keep attacking with the guys and heal with the chic and drwa with her. should put him out soon. ok then after u defeat him (IF u do) then u leave and u can save. but then a spider boss comes down and attacks. when u attack it until it falls down then run away. and run away as fast as u can. ull fight him tons of times. each time he falls on his knees and then u have to run then . read all about that in my first post above. this is the first level i beleive. shouldnt be too hard. go and gain levelws.

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:07 PM
ok...i officially suck at this game...

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:10 PM
i must say....... just keep raising your levvel. did you buy the game or download it as warez?

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:11 PM
my friend bought it for me from china...it's in english tho ^_^

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:23 PM
nice. i got bine burned for playstation.......heheh. I AM THE KING OF PIRATING! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! is that something to bragg about or not?

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:24 PM
you can burn me a copy rite ^_^ <double sweatdrop>

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:29 PM
just get modchipm and ill send ya a copy of the game.

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:32 PM
what's modchipm tho?

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:41 PM
its a chip for playstaion that allows you to play copied (burned) games and aslo foreighn games such as japanese. so u can get it for cheaper.

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:41 PM
go to http://www.modchip.com

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:50 PM
kewl!!!

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:51 PM
welcome to the dark side kan kan. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:53 PM
wasn't i already on the dark side? hmmmm...maybe my dark side only applies to anime

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 05:56 PM
perhaps. welcome to the dark side of technology. MWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! that better?

fierystars
07-31-2000, 07:10 PM
yea ^_^...you're pulling me in the wrong direction in life...you're supposed to say "no...dunt download it...spend 50 dollars on it...buy the retail copy of it..." i can't get the modchip unfortunately...fierystars very very broke...i dunt even have pennies...<siGh> i'm looking forward to getting a playstation 2...i really really want to get the final fantasy IX, X, and XI :)...it's coming out in late 2000 and 2001... can't believe they're already that far ahead in this game already...

CNO
07-31-2000, 08:15 PM
Have you seen the trailer for the movie yet?
It looks amazing.
The site is pretty cool too - worth mentioning because it uses Flash. http://www.finalfantasy.com/

BTW - perhaps you should take the pirating conversation to e-mail, lest Fishee catch you? :) Besides, I've met some people from Squaresoft, and they're good peeps. Wouldn't want to see them go hungry because you're stealing their hard work. ;)

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 09:40 PM
how can u suggest that i do such a foul act as pirating?! i would never do that! those poor people. fierystars if u want the burned games email me. ahem as i was saying: i would never copy games. it is illegal. i follow the law! i never break it! i dont even jaywalk! i rest my case. i loved the trailer movies. ive seen them as soon as the site opened. i have monitered it ever since. i cant weait. when the movie comes out im buyin 50 tickets and gonna throw them around so peiople will go to the movie. help promote squaresoft ya know. and ff9 is looking great. i havent played anthology yet. ive played 5 with the english patch and beaten it but not 6 and also i need to see the fmvs. its a good game. ff9 is going to be really similar to tactics for all you tactics fans out there. thats a good game too.

fierystars
08-01-2000, 08:31 AM
when did i say that? <ahem> :D meeh very very innocent...<yea...rite...whatever>...meeh would never say that:D

fierystars
08-01-2000, 08:43 AM
i can't kill that winged thing...is there a way i can jus leave it alone, and move on with the rest of the game...???

CNO
08-01-2000, 09:28 AM
I'd love to see that in an RPG.
"You know, I don't wanna fight, and you really wouldn't want to kill me, so, let's just call it a day and you let me pass, OK?"

fierystars
08-01-2000, 09:42 AM
hehehe y not? this world is too violent...didn't everyone want world peace? :D u dunt kill me...i dunt bother you...i think that sounds very nice :D

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 11:41 AM
just keep trying feiry. ya know i just wish i could come over there and beat him. you gotta plan the fight while you sleep and wake up and kill him.

fierystars
08-01-2000, 11:44 AM
how do i distribute the GF's? do i have one to selphie, one to zell and one to squall...or two to squall and one to selphie etc...rite now, squall is on level 11...zell is on leve 11 and selphie is on level 10...quezlcotl (whatever the spelling is) is on lever 2...the naked girl gf is on level 3 and Irift is on level 2...so...what do i do?

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 12:03 PM
give ifrit and quetzcol to the guys. give the siren to the stephi or whatever. that should work. remeber she defensive and the dudes are offensive.

fierystars
08-01-2000, 01:12 PM
how do you "give" siren to selphie?

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 02:53 PM
i dont beleive i have the game right now so i cant tell you how to distribute the gf's. its been so long now. i cant remmeber and i play like 3 games at a time. sorry cant help you there. just fool around in the menu area and see what you can do. dont you have a booklet or tutorial? shouldv came with it

CNO
08-01-2000, 03:03 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/25317.html

Here's a whle bunch of FAQs and walkthroughs for FFVIII.

fierystars
08-01-2000, 03:05 PM
thanx...

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 04:16 PM
thanx cno. can find some good walkthroughs on there for ohter games. and feiry can finally beat the boss. yeesh.

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 08:23 PM
feiry tell me if you ever beat that boss. so i can be proud of you. and if u STILL cant beat him ill send you a save thatll get past him.

fierystars
08-01-2000, 09:07 PM
still trying...^_^" i've lost at least 2 hours of sleep because of that game...my 4 hours of sleep has been reduced to 2...^_^" i've gotten very used to seeing the screen that says "game over"

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 09:40 PM
GODDAMMIT! NO OFFENSE BUT HOW CAN SOME ONE BE SO HELPLESS!!!!!!!!!! ok feiry i am gonna send you this save right after this monseter, ya know i gave up on final fantasy tactics after i couldnt beat the boss after 30 tries. and u. u. u are crazy. u play on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on adn on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on adn on and on and on and on and on and............................................... .................................................. ..............snore............................... .snore................ wha?! what!? oh mustve fell asleep. sorry

fierystars
08-01-2000, 10:00 PM
what's wrong with perseverance? i keep working at it...and hopefully i'll get it someday...:D

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 10:07 PM
yah like after college. and then theyll have ff20 out. mabye even 30 for gods sake.