PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : starting decent animation episodes + movies.....

djiabloh
07-31-2000, 12:34 PM
Hi all...

My names Aaron and i'm for the US. even though i don't post to these boards often, i watch and read them constantly.
I am working on producing animated episodes and movies of varying content and "rating" if you will. also, no matter what method is used to produce the animation, i want it all to be delivered through the flash plug-in, for now. eventually i want to author these or better films to video for sale.
what i would like to know is, if anyone who reads or posts here would be interested in this type of endeavor? the style of animation will be a mix of flash/hand-drawn/3D/anime/etc. basically, any type EXCEPT cartoony. i don't want this to be silly, i want it to be somewhat serious.
if anyone is interested, please EMAIL me directly: fightbacknow@hotmail.com i ask for email, becuse it's easier to gather the responses.
any question or details, we can discuss....

thanks in advance.....Aaron

P.S.-->>>i will be away from home for the next 4-5 days, so if you emailed and i haven't responded the next day, that is why. when i am home i read my mail every day, so responses will be prompt.

once again, thanks

CNO
07-31-2000, 01:22 PM
Hey!
What's wrong with cartoony?!

:)j/k

Sounds like a cool project, maybe some people here'll want to get involved. Good luck,

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 02:29 PM
is there any $ involoved? just jokin. ill do this but um cant email cause my email thingie isnt working now. um when i get some free time i can work on it. but i cant work on it when im busy can i? unless i get alot of coffee and strippers, a 48 hour day and a drug thatlle keep me up for hours upon end. so i wanna help but cant. mabye tad bit here and there

CNO
07-31-2000, 02:31 PM
You sound like a man with a plan, Armadillo!
I don't think Mark'll open up a strippers lounge on Flashkit, tho.
Oh, well, go stir some No-doz into your coffee, my friend, and return when you can deal with 19 Flashkit windows open at once.

fierystars
07-31-2000, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by CNO

if he does...he's probably going to allow only the moderators and the adminastrators in...and block everyone else out...

shockanime
07-31-2000, 04:45 PM
I wondering if the strippers would give free lapdances...

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 04:48 PM
oh man u all crack me up. we can bribe mark to let us in. say 100$ for executive members, 500$ for seniors, 1000$ for members, and new members arent allowed in. good na? i do have a plan for this cno. but i need the strippers

CNO
07-31-2000, 04:51 PM
Go to the lounge and ask [elvis] to make you a cartoon. :) Or ask Fireystars - she seems to know lots about hentai. hehehe j/k

fierystars
07-31-2000, 04:52 PM
what are you talking about? <CNO...it's true...>

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 05:58 PM
hmmm. i know alot too. after all im just a perverted 14 year old kid taht sits at home on the computer right? ( i was just joking........)

Naldoman
07-31-2000, 06:22 PM
Would anime-style "chibi" characters qualify as "cartoony" ???

What about anthropromophic (furries) characters?

Would material like "South Park" also be disqualified?

fierystars
07-31-2000, 07:12 PM
Are you going to reject super deformed anime pics (SD)? How can you reject SD? They're the cutest part of anime...SD exists almost in every series!!! i guess that's the same as Naldoman's "chibi" ^_^

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 08:52 PM
i would say so. what about chibi strippers? no i am just playing

Flashkit
07-31-2000, 08:53 PM
You lot need to get out more :p

Battleseed
07-31-2000, 09:18 PM
Whassup man? LeSean here, i got your e-mail, thanks alot it was pretty inspiring. I don't think i answered your e-mail right away because the power shut down (i'm not sure if you received my e-mail or not(specifically on how we do our cartoons) it was about 2 pages of text but i don't think you got it. i'll either a: wait till i've got time, to type that again or b: you could ask me questions here (which is easier)which i'd be more than happy to fill you in. For starters, yes Masami Obari is my Lord. my Sheperd! the best to do it as far as i'm concerned, you be amazed how "flash friendly " his animation techniques are
(and a bunch of other cartoons). flash friendly meaning that 60% of all his animes(and mostly others) are pans, pull outs, pull ins, close ups, and dollies. It's just the artwork's so friggin' gorgeous, that you don't pay attention. Only when there's an acton sequence, do the animation get fluid and even those are keyframes! i use him and tons of others (Lain, also one of my favorites) as inspiration and reference
hit me back. it'd be good to here from you.

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 09:53 PM
ahhhhh no. i have no idea so i folow feirystars method............ :D *nod* uh hu*nods* :D

shockanime
07-31-2000, 09:53 PM
Hey Battleseed, (LeSean) No I didn't get your email...

Click here to finish this conversation (http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=12289)

armadillo88
07-31-2000, 09:56 PM
this is the legendary battleseed?! amazing! i understand the flash ! (of light)

Reen
08-01-2000, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by fierystars

Originally posted by CNO

if he does...he's probably going to allow only the moderators and the adminastrators in...and block everyone else out...

yepp i would love to see Mark strippin with his Rollers in his Hair ;D
I would pay for that :D

fierystars
08-01-2000, 08:47 AM
WAI!!!!! that's scary...<i jus can't picture mark with rollers in his hair>...take a pic for me :D...use it for future bribery :D hehehe (j/k)

CNO
08-01-2000, 09:31 AM
Hehehe! Good one, Reen!

And welcome to the board, Battleseed. We're building one heck of a Flash anime community here!

fierystars
08-01-2000, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Flashkit
You lot need to get out more

why? you don't like us here? :D j/k

CNO
08-01-2000, 09:53 AM
Hey, Mark's been visiting our little section of Flashkit quite a bit nowadays...

fierystars
08-01-2000, 10:43 AM
i was jus wondering...is it possible to make mark an obsessive anime fan?

CNO
08-01-2000, 11:19 AM
Why not? He's made us all obsessive Flashkit fans. :D

fierystars
08-01-2000, 11:24 AM
hmmmmm...how to get a person in australia (on the other side of the world) addicted to anime...???

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 12:00 PM
i know. send him hundreds of anime movies and a 5000 check if he watcheds them all and writtes a repot on thme

fierystars
08-01-2000, 01:21 PM
did i ever mention that i was broke? mailing tapes over would require money...which is something i dunt have right now...maybe when i get my next paycheck...they dunt pay me much at work... they think "lil high school student...y should we pay them to work?"...:D

i know a lot of good titles that can get a person hooked...which i like to refer to them as "gateway anime"

hmmmmm....Rurouni Kenshin is good...lots of blood and fighting...and some bad language...that's a really popular guy comic rite now...
um...Gundam Wing, i heard was a really popular guy series too...
Ah! my Goddess...i know a lot of the guys at our school likes that...
Fushigi Yuugi...romance/ action type thing...but it's a girl anime...only parts guys would want to see is when the girls go naked...

I should send mark some anime tapes...whenever he gets tired of us and work...he can relax and watch anime...

If mark ever asks how he's getting anime tapes from an anonymous person...it's not me...:D

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 02:55 PM
your right. itll be me. i got the mula to sned him the stuff. anyone know hiis address? im sure he doesnt mind receiving bootleg copies. .....

Virtuoso
08-02-2000, 12:17 AM
How to convert an Australian into a Anime Fan,
hmmmmm well I'm Australian and already addicted,
I must say that I have no idea who all these characters are who you talk about, it was only the other day at a friends house who has pay tv did I realize that DragonballZ is a kids cartoon (Told this by a 7 year old who is totally up with the latest and greatest).
We used to get AeonFlux for about 5 minutes on a Saturday night and that certainly got me interested, occasionly we also get japanese animation on SBS (Non commercial station)
which just makes my eyes bug out!!! alas all to rare an occasion.
Anyway back to the point...hmm I don't really thnk I have one except that even though I am almost totally ingnorant of the intracies of the genre I still love what Flash can allow me to do. Whoever thought 20 years ago (back when I was a lad) that we would have the abilty to build our own animation series or the like. Thats back when I still used an airbrush!!! Oh to be young again..
Ok now I'm rambling on sorry

Flashkit
08-02-2000, 12:21 AM
wow, well firstly reen, how much Would you pay for me to
wear curlers and strip... :p

Secondly I just like this section of the community, I will never become an obsessive anime junky, what I will become is an obsessive anime community builder! I like finding talented people and then putting together resources so that they can work together and produce brilliant stuff...

I am already seeing the beginnings of it here, we have already in the early stages some amazing anime artists and flashers, combine that with the resources here at flash kit and the resources I want to add just for the anime stuff, this stuff will rock!!!

And look at my footer, I have a wee anime dude on it too!!

Flashkit
08-02-2000, 12:24 AM
why? you don't like us here? j/k

Fiery stars I love all you folk on here, its just when the conversation turned to anime lap dancing I had to ask the question :D

Reen
08-02-2000, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by CNO
Why not? He's made us all obsessive Flashkit fans. :D
damm right man !!!
hmm we pull his clothes off and show him the next three months all the mangas fireystars has :) he will love it or hate it :)

Reen
08-02-2000, 05:39 AM
wow, well firstly reen, how much Would you pay for me to
wear curlers and strip... :p

Secondly I just like this section of the community, I will never become an obsessive anime junky, what I will become is an obsessive anime community builder! I like finding talented people and then putting together resources so that they can work together and produce brilliant stuff...

I am already seeing the beginnings of it here, we have already in the early stages some amazing anime artists and flashers, combine that with the resources here at flash kit and the resources I want to add just for the anime stuff, this stuff will rock!!!

And look at my footer, I have a wee anime dude on it too!!
:) well as much as your worth of :) second i like your point of view :p

i got on simple question ....fellas

is mark always right ??? damm :p

fierystars
08-02-2000, 08:36 AM
, I will never become an obsessive anime junky

what was ur address again? (j/k)

armadillo88
08-02-2000, 10:58 AM
i have found marks address. i am goin to send him tons of anime movies. mark you will becoma an obbsessive anime fan. you will watch all these movies i am going to send you. i wonder how much shippin and handling costs? aww who cares. ill pay whatever it costs. (unless its more than 300) so her i will go today to the post office to find out what it will cost me. nad im serious too.

Reen
08-02-2000, 11:04 AM
if you need somebody who licks the poststamps ... take me take me ... I will I will ... for free :)

armadillo88
08-02-2000, 11:07 AM
ummmmm. ok. if u really wanna. i hate doin that.

fierystars
08-02-2000, 11:26 AM
dunt they have lil water sponge thingy for stamps?

armadillo88
08-02-2000, 08:58 PM
yes they do. your not supposed to knowthat. i was just making conversation.

greyhawke
08-04-2000, 12:45 PM
Well,

If you want to do the animated comic book thing like Stan Lee, be prepared to spend way too much time dealing with crappy artists and writers who have no commmitment to animationa as a form of expression. I've been trying to get similar projects off the ground and running.

I've spent the past 3 months drawing and animating in flash and now the inital investors have fallen through so the project has been put on hold. Unfourtunatly I cant quit my job and do this full time so without those investors I get minimal work done.

Money is not the key to happyness but it is the key to spending many hours doing nothing but drawing and looking at flash.

Let me know how the project goes.

want to see what we got so far-
Test Site- http://www.ajskiles.com/coil/

My personal site and portfolio- http://www.tangleddreams.com

The old interface- http://www.tangleddreams.com/index2.htm

Towknee
08-04-2000, 04:44 PM
Me?Yeah!
Will it(your cartoon)contain any nudity??
If so,naked chicks?
Keep it real
RTA.
-Towknee

djiabloh
08-04-2000, 06:41 PM
i noticed that the response space has been used as a place for stupid b.s.ing....use you phone or email, i'm being serious here, and i'd appreciate serious responses only please.

i want serious artists, for serious content..
there may be nudity if it's essential to the story...
but don't be stupid and start posting ..."huh huh huh NUDITY!!!! NUDITY!!!"
this isn't really for kids but it's not beavis and butthead, so treat it more maturely.

thanks to those who responded seriously.
Aaron

[Edited by djiabloh on 08-04-2000 at 07:03 PM]

CNO
08-04-2000, 11:09 PM
Woah, Aaron, if I'm not mistaken, you're the one who said in your initial post:
"if anyone is interested, please EMAIL me directly: fightbacknow@hotmail.com i ask for email, becuse it's easier to gather the responses."

so it didn't look much like you were looking for people to post their resumes in here. I understand you being upset, and there's lots of "b.s.ing" that goes on in all of the threads here, but to call it stupid and risk alienating all of the people you were looking to for submissions for a project is a little much.
I'd like to say I'm sorry that I didn't see the thread before you editied it, butif this is what's left over after you did, I doubt that. Perhaps in the future you will want to post your "serious" requests in the job vacancies forum.

There's no need to respond, as I'm not looking to start a flame war, I just think you should respect a variety of feedback, not just the answers you were looking for.

phacker
08-04-2000, 11:14 PM
Greyhawk, really liked your teaser. Are you hand/drawing and computer coloring? Great content so far.

djiabloh
08-04-2000, 11:58 PM
i'd like to say i'm sorry to anyone i may have pissed off, i had been away for 5 days since the original post, and when i got back, i guess i just hoped for more inquiries than i received, so once agaIN, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES.

the reason i didn't post under the jobs forum is because it's not a job, it's a personal project, and i was merely in search of kindred spirits.

greyhawke
08-05-2000, 02:36 AM
phacker,

In response to your question. It's all hand drawn like all the stuff on tangled dreams. I've been an artist all my life (25) and recently, in the past 5 years I've gone digital. The work is all peciled then inked(sometimes) then scanned and put into photoshop. Then Levels are adjusted to get rid of stray marks and make the lines smoother(sometimes on a high end scanner you can see the spaces between the ink). The next step is to import into flash, then trace the bitmap. minimum area set to 2 and tolerance of color sumthin(i can't remember,..too late at night)set to 150-200 makes it strickty black and white and cuts down oon the number of grey areas.

So there you have it. I'm glad you like my stuff. If you go to http://www.tangleddreams.com and send me an email from there I'll put you on an updates list and let you know when we get funding from some of the peoples in Hollyweird (the writer has done some stuff for sci-fi and indipendent films). At any rate happy flashing.:)