PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Flash SDK by MiddleSoft-Problems with the FDTBitmap.cpp

merryl
08-03-2000, 04:11 AM
Hello....

I'm sorry,but actually,i'm about to finish my archaeological project,consisting in displaying morphing-population evolution through time...

I want now to put a JPG,or bitmap background....But when i include the FDTBitmap.cpp,into my visualC++ workspace,i have first to include "stdafx.h",if not i obtain something like "end of file not found",and once i include it....i just get "compress2 unknown identifier..."
so i guessed i had to include files from the z-lib they gave me as well....but once i include just one file,i get unresolved external error,unknown indentifier....

it's maybe just a little problem,but actually it's driving me crazy!!!!!

If anyone could maybe send me an hint...WOUAH!!!!
it would be awesome.. :))

thank you....

ZeroG
08-03-2000, 09:19 AM
Just include all the files in zlib except those that are applications (i think these are minigzip.c, example.c, and maketree.c or something like that, you will see which when you try to link and the compiler complains about having more than 1 main() function). I don't know anything about this "end of file not found" error, which file is getting that? I compile with GNU's compiler and it works fine. Microsoft is known for not following standards with their products. Hope this help a bit.

merryl
08-10-2000, 10:55 PM
But actually i also have conflicts between .c and .cpp ...so i don't think it's so a big deal....but...it's still giving me this &^%^$$ external error....

do i have to throw my computer by the window..???
:)

merryl
08-11-2000, 12:47 AM
actually if i don't include the stdafx.h in each of these files i get the "unexpected end of file found"....

when i include all of them...i just get ....something like 80 errors....

so.....
:-(

someone help me!!!!!! :)

and i'm pretty sure it's like nothing...maybe a configuration thing...because i managed to use it in a single program...no problem....but not in an MFC application....pffffff......

ZeroG
08-11-2000, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by merryl
actually if i don't include the stdafx.h in each of these files i get the "unexpected end of file found"....

when i include all of them...i just get ....something like 80 errors....
<snip>
and i'm pretty sure it's like nothing...maybe a configuration thing...because i managed to use it in a single program...no problem....but not in an MFC application....pffffff......

Don't use MFC, Microsoft's softwares are pieces of crap. They don't comply with the c++ standards. Use GNU's stuff, much much better and follows the standards so you don't get those errors. If you need more help, send me an e-mail at yifan@learningaction.com

Ross MacGregor
08-11-2000, 05:58 PM
Make sure the "stdafx.h" is the first file you include. As a rule include the MS stuff first then external modules.

Turn off precompiled headers and incremental linking. These two options can often give you perplexing errors.

I hope this helps.

wjh
10-03-2000, 07:29 AM
I don't know whether this is still timely (I'm browsing back past posts looking for other solutions) but I am pretty sure that your problem lies with the pre-compiled header issue, because I had a similar problem. The Zlib files are in C, while the rest of your project files, and the Flash SDK is in CPP, and you can't mix pre-compiled headers between these two.

The solution is to turn off the pre-compiled headers specifically for the C files only. You do this using the Project Settings menu of Visual studio, and selecting the specific C files from the project, going to the C/C++ tab, then selecting Precompiled headers from the Category drop-down list, and click on "Not using precompiled headers". You do not include stdafx.h in the C files, but you do include it at the top of the CPP files. (I suspect there is a way of avoiding this by further messing with the settings for pre-compiled headers, but things were working OK, so I stopped investigating ...)

You do need to include all the swf SDK files except those producing the executable and the example files in your project.

Hope this helps.