PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Character Animation

MichaelA
08-03-2000, 08:30 PM
Hello All,

I have been reading these message boards for about a week, and have just signed up as a member.

I am a web designer, but more interestingly, I do freelance character art, and design for The Walt Disney Company in Australia. I am working on a number of animation which are more traditional with a character focus.

I am on the lookout for sites that have smooth high quality animation, the best I hve found so far is http://www.noogy.com. Does anyone know of more stuff like this??

I am also intested in how to keep the file size down, my animations have a large amount of frames, and are done in the traditional manner, then streamlined. Is there any other ways to keep this size down???

Thanks heaps, and this board is great, so much passion, really inspires me!

MichaelA

fierystars
08-03-2000, 11:49 PM
welcome to the anime forum ^_^

Naldoman
08-04-2000, 12:10 AM
Welcome, Michael!

You may want to check the posts under ::BATTLESEED::

Once of the artists from an animated series at othervision.com is posting commments and notes about how they produce their episodes.

Also check the animations at:

atomfilms.com
renegade studios
dudestudios.com

Akane
08-04-2000, 04:14 AM
yay welcome here !!
hope you'll got some tips to learns us :D

armadillo88
08-04-2000, 12:07 PM
yo mike. i hope our insane group of biological freaks does not cantaminate your virgin mind.

JP_Infinity
08-06-2000, 03:06 AM
Welcome :) Yeah, avoid Armadillo88 at all costs :D
You work for The Walt Disney Company in Australia, I'm interested to hear more about it.....

armadillo88
08-06-2000, 10:35 AM
MWHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

MichaelA
08-06-2000, 08:47 PM
Hey JP

Yes, I have been working for Disney for about 3 years in Australia, and for the pas year and a half I have been working freelance in the design department of Disney Consumer Products.

While there most of my work has been design related, working on clothing, and packaging for different products, most recently a new packaging concept for Mickey Mouse and Pooh band aids.

I have also been doing some character art for them which has been used for clothing purposes. This includes creating new poses of different characters on model, then streamlining them and colouring them in the exact pantone colours. These have been used on a lot of new kids clothing to be sold in places like Kmart and Myer ( an australian department store)

But over all it is heaps of fun, and I get to draw and work with some of the most famous cartoon characters of all time.

MichaelA

armadillo88
08-06-2000, 09:08 PM
MWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

JP_Infinity
08-06-2000, 10:31 PM
MichaelA,

That's excellent!! :) We don't have Myers in Darwin which sux :) You don't have to tell me they're in Oz (unless you were telling everyone else)...cause I'm Australian :p Lemme say one thing to confirm my Australianess....Pauline Hanson Sux. :D
I just wish I ran into you last year when I had to do my Year12 art project (which went for the whole year) just something along the lines of Will computer animation make other forms of animation obsolete... I'm sure you would've been a great help!! :D

Armadillo88......Muhahahahah back :p

armadillo88
08-07-2000, 09:34 AM
MWHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH! jp its with a W! why does everybody put a "u" in there? thats not right. ya know i should patent my MWHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH! that would be cool.

CNO
08-07-2000, 02:59 PM
A little off topic - as if this thread hadn't already gone there...

For some really cool Flash animation (not anime, but still cool), check out http://www.rumpus.com
particularly http://www.rumpus.com/herschelhopper/
(A 30-minute animated Flash cartoon! With voiceover and music!)
Not sure if lots of the jokes are too New-York centric (Ed Kotch is a national figure now, isn't he?), but it's still good all around.