PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : traditional animation

Arni Mator
08-04-2000, 12:38 AM
'sup, peeps? Just wonderin? why isn't there a section for traditional animation? im a big fan of both traditional and anime as well, but we can't discount traditional animation coz of its ancient history.

fierystars
08-04-2000, 01:01 AM
this place is called art & anime...which includes art...and anime :D

Arni Mator
08-04-2000, 01:08 AM
Im fully aware of that. My apologies but my question wasn't posted to sound controversial...just trying to ask an honest to goodness question.....

gdell
08-04-2000, 06:38 AM
I'm just getting into Flash animation - my biggest triumph was making Homer Simpson blink, I was so chuffed!

I find this forum really useful in terms of getting info on animation in general. I'd like to get my own Groening-esque cartoon site up or alternatively get some Disney style stuff up.

Anyone else into this stuff too? I'd be glad to see some of your work.

Akane
08-04-2000, 07:58 AM
arni mator :

i would be glad if we could work and talk about anime AND traditionnal animation here !! I love anime, but before, i love any kind of animation !

fierystars
08-04-2000, 09:12 AM
what i meant was that this place is called art and anime...that we welcome all types of animation and art as well :)

armadillo88
08-04-2000, 12:11 PM
realy now. i only thought it had art and anime not all art and anime. or is that the same. never mind.....

Naldoman
08-04-2000, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Arni Mator
'sup, peeps? Just wonderin? why isn't there a section for traditional animation? im a big fan of both traditional and anime as well, but we can't discount traditional animation coz of its ancient history.

The FAVORITE ANIMATORS thread has had many notes about pioneering animators from the 30's to modern times. Don't forget that 3-D and claymation can also be shown in FLASH, just takes more work since you can't do the artwork right in FLASH.

CNO
08-04-2000, 04:03 PM
//self is a walking encyclopedia of classic animation knowledge. Have any questions or topics, post away!
The forum has been pretty open to all types and aspects of animation and cartooning in general, which is great.
Speaking of claymation, anyone here know Ray Harryhausen?
Brilliant stop motion animator.

Tod fox
10-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey, My name's Tod and my school just got macromedia flash. I've spent a month or two reading up on traditional pen and ink animation and read that flash is a good program to use for it, apparently. I know flash has "tweened" animation tools and whatnot, but can I import my pen and ink cels/sketch scans and use them? Also, I still haven't quite understood how to set the framerate or even set up different frames in any of the guides I found. Any advice? Hyperlinks? Scorn? All but the latter are appreciated, thanks. : \

Thor the Clod
10-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Scorn: Way to ressurect a month dead topic, you dirty son of a mother. :D

You CAN import scanned pictures, but expect a large file size.

To set the movie's framerate, go to modify > movie, and you can adjust the framerate there. (note: I'm still on Flash 5. I'm not sure if Macromedia/Adobe went ahead and changed stuff around on me)

But before you start scanning your pictures, just play around with Flash first, get to know its layout, practice making motion tweens and traditional frame by frame animation... etc.

There's a bunch of tutorials on Flashkit, and I've got another tutorial coming up (It's already made, but I'm waiting for albinoblacksheep.com to post it) on Keyframe animation (but you already know that stuff :P). In any case, there is also a tutorial section there for Flash, but it doesn't have all the stuff that Flashkit has.

phacker
10-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Years ago we had a discussion as to whether or not rename this particular forum, it was decided that most of us were open to all styles of animation so why bother. Hey everyone is welcome here.

Thor post some of your work in progress and the rest of us will try to guide you in your endeavors.

Flashkit is what you make people.

Thor the Clod
10-13-2005, 10:12 PM
auh... are you referring to Tod Fox or to me? I don't think I asked for any help (but I may soon; I'm about to start work on a cartoon series. I'll let you guys know if I hit any speed bumps).

Tod fox
10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
My school has Flash MX, but I still haven't grasped the understanding of setting different frames up. Any recomends on tutorials for this? The one's I found were dated. Thanks.