PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Hello, Mr. Matrix

bouganji
08-04-2000, 05:03 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering what software you used to compress the movie files on your website. I really loved the animation for the Max video post tutorials. Very awesome. Also, I'm going to be buying a new computer and would really appreciate some suggestions on a system that will run 3D Studio Max well. Although I can't afford tens of thousands of dollars, I do have a decent nest egg set aside. I'm thinking dual processors, but would really love some advice.

Thanks in advance.

theMatrix
08-04-2000, 05:28 PM
Whenever possible, I try to develop video content with compression and delivery medium in mind. That helps a lot.

On top of that, I use Media Cleaner Pro (http://www.terran-int.com/) with the Sorensen-2 codec.

A good MAX system depends on your budget, but more memory and a very powerful graphics card will help your case.

My standard MAX system is a dual 600Mhz, PIII/Xeon with 512MB memory and a Wildcat Intense 3D board. Runs Win NT 4. NT is probably the best OS right now for MAX.

In your case, I would pass on the second processor and spend your money on more powerful graphics and memory.

good luck to you!