PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : XML Server

MEMORAN
04-29-2001, 03:31 AM
I have been developing my own server application for Flash with Delphi 5 and I am having a few issues with getting Flash to recognize the xml comming back into the flash application. I have also created my own client application and created the same environment. This worked. Is there something special about Flash that I am missing? Here is a sample of the xml that the server is sending back:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RECORD>
<MSG>Record Found</MSG>
<EMPIDNEXTNO>11</EMPIDNEXTNO>
<SALARYGRADE>P4</SALARYGRADE>
<WORKWEEKSTATUS>FULL TIME</WORKWEEKSTATUS>
<EMPTYPE>P</EMPTYPE>
<QRELIGIBLE>False</QRELIGIBLE>
<CREATEDBY></CREATEDBY>
<CREATEDATE></CREATEDATE>
<EDITEDBY>Administrator</EDITEDBY>
<EDITDATE>10/30/2000</EDITDATE>
</RECORD>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
moranme@home.com

NETbreed
04-30-2001, 09:09 PM
Don't forget that you need to send a zero byte (0x00) at the end of each XML document when using the XMLSocket() or Flash won't know when to process the data!

This was my first stumbling block when writing my XML server in C++! :D

Regards,

Steve

root66
05-07-2001, 01:57 PM
Ahh, this sort of answers my question. I already knew this, but I was hoping for some way around it.

Flash is fully capable of parsing ANY text that comes in, not just XML-style data. The problem is that the server needs to send the 0 byte, rendering flash useless for using already-existing protocols.

Also the limited port range was implemented by macromedia, really taking a lot of the fun out of it. I think they should allow any type of connection and transfer, and it should just show a warning in the browser... oh well, add that to the wish list.

-root