PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Swift3D

HardTonight
08-08-2000, 11:34 AM
Anyone out there have any advice for me I am trying to use Swift3D to convert a complex 3ds animation into SWF and it just sits there. Is it my PC or is Swift just a slow badly coded piece of crap. I feel a bit pissed as I paid good money for the software and it just doesnt seem to deliver what was promised. Any advice greatly welcomed.

theMatrix
08-08-2000, 12:11 PM
E-Rain is working on a faster rendering engine, but there are basic computational complexity issues to deal with. In the worst case, I spent 8 hours rendering a 12-frame animation on a 600Mhz PIII/Xeon system. Sometimes, it does take a while.

You are welcome to send me your .3DS file (if it's pretty big, zip it) and I can run it on my machine. If it hangs there, you may have found a bug in Swift that needs to be reported to them.

Have you tried the latest build from the customer site?

If you are building your own models, try reducing polygon count.

good luck!

Triadis
08-08-2000, 01:56 PM
Try lowering the Graphics Acceleration on your PC. Yeah. Lower it a little. Right click on your MY Computer Icon. Then click on Properties. Then select the performance tab and click Graphics... Then try moving the slider to the left a couple of notches. There's a pretty good chance it will help you out. And if it doesn't then just move it back up. Give it a whirl.