PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : flash navigation, html content, no frames.

crusty
08-08-2000, 10:36 PM
how do you open an html page with flash that isn't in a seperate frame or window? ( considering the navigation is a flash pop up menu and so needs to 'sit' over the html and as such have a transparent background ) the html pages will also have navigation within themselves and be part of a database. make sense???????

shockwaver
08-09-2000, 08:01 AM
What? Please be more specific.

crusty
08-10-2000, 05:17 PM
ok. what i was hoping to do was create a website that is running off a database and has asps and a ticketing system and stuff. the website would have flash navigation that includes dropdown menus. these dropdown menus would be placed at the top of the page with the 'sub menu' dropping down over the content when the appropiate section of the 'main menu' is activated. so visually it will look like the sub menus are on a higher layer than the content, sitting above it when they are activated (three demensionally, not just higher up the page but actually sticking out at you). as such i can't just put the navigation in a seperate frame which means the flash navigation needs to have a transparent background. sooooo, how do i make my swf have a transparent background and how do i navigate through html pages with flash without using frames?

crusty
08-10-2000, 05:36 PM
wicked, finally found a tutorial for the bkg transparent bizzo. pisser it only works on ie4 and above...

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/ad_layer/tute_layers.shtml