PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : FIlling parts of a character animation

tagnetti
08-09-2000, 10:59 AM
Hello all,I am a fairly new flash user and have gotten excellent help from a prior post. I have a question that hasn't been answered in any books or posts Ive seen. If you use trace bitmap and I create a vector line from say a clean line character that is part of an animation ,Is there any way to do multiple images at once,say a sequence of 10,20 30 drawings and up. If they are all part of the same layer anyway?
Also Same thing with filling say I fill the arm with a color can I make it fill that same element in all drawings by allocating a number to that section or some other way. I know there are some programs that can do such a task. But most of my work I either colored in PS or just have as pencil test .I would love to clean these up but am trying to automate the process as much as I can if possible. Any tips or resources are appreciated.
Tom

stef3d
08-09-2000, 03:38 PM
I could be wrong, and in fact I hope I am. But i dont think there's an easy way to do it. I think that's probably one of the reasons you dont see flash being used as much for large character animation projects.
I think you have to trace each frame that you import into flash. I hope i'm wrong but i remember having to do that in the past and it was frustrating.
good luck

Mugen
08-09-2000, 07:11 PM
Let me see if I know what you mean.

If you take a keyframe, a picture of some sort, and f8, make it into a new symbol as a graphic or movie. Then you can use this symbol as many times through out the flash movie and save on the file size, but even better, you can simply edit that symbol change colors etc, and every instance that you have of it will change too. Then when you want a new one just make a copy of the symbol and edit that one in turn.

Is that what you were asking???

dkaf
08-10-2000, 02:21 AM
If I'm not completely mistaken, I think the question was about automating image processing. Like when you have 30 hand drawn frames scanned into bitmaps - is there a way to automate the tracing and colouring process so that you don't have to process each frame separately manually.
(I don't think there is..)