PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Extensions causing flash to crash

mindbend101
05-24-2001, 04:30 PM
The problem is I just every time I publish my site when using the "centerpopup" extension or any other extension I downloaded off of Macro's web page, Flash crashes and says It's becuase of system error 12. I have reinstalled flash, the extension manager, and all the extensions but nothing seems to work and as soon as I delete the centerpopup mov. from the page I can publish without problem. Here is the other strang thing I got the center pop up window mov and some other extensions to work fine two days earlier and yesterday flash just decided that it did not want to use any more extensions anymore. The Centerpopup mov that I did two days earlier works fine. Please help me Im frustrated and am about to destroy my mac.

macmarts
05-24-2001, 11:48 PM
hi, Type 12 error reads:

"unimplemented core routine error"
(from MacErrors 1.2)

if it worked for a while and just stopped, you could try deleting the Flash preference
file (system folder/Preferences Folder) and give it another try... this file can get corrupted
after a bad application crash.

you'll need to reinter your serial number the next time you launch Flash, so have it handy if you try it...

also, corrupt fonts can crash your system pretty bad. If you have text in your problem
centerpopup, try removing it or using a very generic font that you know is good,
like arial or times, and see if this solves it.

good luck!
[Edited by macmarts on 05-24-2001 at 11:54 PM]

wdglide
05-25-2001, 07:53 PM
First off I have no experience with Macs - but I am the author of the centerPopup extension.

Its been downloaded by over 12,000 people since Apr 2. This is the first I've heard of this. MM tested it with a MAC, so I assume its fully compatible.

Also the font used in my sample button was Times New Roman - but you probably altered that according to your preference. Let me know if I can help you with the extension otherwise.

Phil Shevlin

macmarts
05-26-2001, 11:34 PM
hi, I downloaded the extension to look at it (nice job wdglide!),
and the font is certainly not to blame, since it's strictly code allowing you to call
a remote html page (no graphics or other elements).

If trashing the Flash prefs doesn't work, I'd try the following:

-create a new flash document, put a few elements in it (but no
element present in your problem file). Add a center popup, calling
a dummy page (not the same html page than your problem file).
save it: do Flash still crash? If it does, it looks like a general problem.
If it doesn't crash, maybe there's some problem in the file.

-is your system otherwise stable? do you experience crashes often?

- you could also deinstall the extension, redownload it and reinstall it
to see if it helps.

good luck!