PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Adobe Dimensions ?

snuifkip.com
08-10-2000, 11:39 AM
is it a good tool for importing in Flash?
no experience with 3d ..

*if some1 should know, it's u there, reading this *

Metrov8
08-10-2000, 02:54 PM
Swift 3D is supposed to be the best because its the only 3D program that creates vector graphics which are thus light enough for internet use. Animations can be imported directly into Flash as .swf files. I use it a lot; it's pretty cool program, but limited.

Don't really know about Dimensions, except I wish someone would publish a bloody book about it.

Vince
08-11-2000, 09:59 AM
I used dimensions to Make the Demos Of Death I and II - www.wackedusa.com/3d... it's pretty easy to use, but VERY limited... plus the filesizes of your animations can get... well... ridiculous.

Vince

Pope de Flash
08-11-2000, 02:05 PM
Vince is a dimensions closet user now. He loves his little product, He can't wait to fake stuff and all that hand fill is what he lives for!!! Aint that right vince!! hahaha

Vince
08-11-2000, 02:13 PM
Hey I actually used Dimensions on a project I'm working on now... Like I said, it's good SOMETIMES.

Pope de Flash
08-11-2000, 04:31 PM
Bro I was not disin your favorite program I was just having fun. Regards, Bill

Vince
08-14-2000, 10:21 AM
no poo-poo on dimensions. dimensions nice... yesss, dimensions VERY niccce... precious dimensions. nicccce dimensionssss. Protect you from evil pope. Pope not nice like dimensions. no. Yesssss, precious. yes, dimensionssss, dimensions nice.

hahahahahahahahahaha

alexcook
08-15-2000, 01:10 PM
I'm trying to use Dimensions 3 myself. Liek you said, filesizes are out of control. WAY out of control. Any suggestions on how to decrease the filesize?

-ALEX

Vince
08-15-2000, 01:55 PM
Don't make such complex animations... hahahaha... really... Plus breaking shapes up and making things symbols can help.

Vince

MadWolfZX
08-15-2000, 03:21 PM
Adobe Dimensions is great if you only need rotating stuff. Oh, almost forgot---you also must posses an insane amount of patience to resolve little anamolies that WILL arise when making certain shapes, intersections, etc. However, I find Dimensions to be useful, and for a portion of a current project I'm working on--it was preferrable to Swift.
You can view the RAW 58 rendered/hand-shaded frames that are a result of tooooo many hours of work below. (This is a navigation panel, supposed to be kind of like a hand held computer or whatever, with a LCD screen on the font and back...when you select a section on the front with the D-PAD it rotates around to the other side which has a larger LCD screen for presenting data, or at least it will when completed.
http://members.xoom.com/wolfcentral/examples/adinc/test2.html
Any questions are welcome.

Have a nice day,
MadWolfZX

alexcook
08-15-2000, 04:33 PM
The turning is exactly what I want to do. How did you get the damn thing to work without it turning out huge??

-ALEX

Vince
08-15-2000, 04:41 PM
Now that's a fancy piece of Dimensions you got there... impressive.

MadWolfZX
08-15-2000, 05:21 PM
Well, 119 is still considerable, but I'll give you the quick summary of how I made it:
I created mode in Dimensions, then exported the image with.15point red lines and flat fill in Illustrator format. I then import them to Flash, then rexport again a raster version of the same sequence with fills and lighting, etc. I then brought into Flash beside the other version. I created a little pallete and went frame by frame picking color with eyedropper from raster version, then put key over outline version and filled, using gradients when required, then aligned and scaled gradients to match the raster version....then I had to go back and change about 25% of the frames lighting effects to make up for Dimension's lack of shadowcasting, which caused certain parts to be lighted wrong when it was rotating...I could have defefated this by making model in another program and exorting sequence in raster, but Dimensions has no ability to export any other 3D format nor import any other 3D format, so I would have had to make two seperate models. After fill was complete, I decided that the "ADVERTISING DESIGN INCORPORATED" text took way to much size in a frame by frame path outlines, so I created a single one, made it a movie and just scaled it over the animation since you cannot perceive the lack of perspective unless you know to look for it in this circumstance. The lighting of the text was not as simple as changing brightness since their is a braod lighting gradient, so in the clip, I made it a movie and used the text outlines as a mask and created an animated gradient under it, triggered to play proper sequence from triggers in the frames of the main animation.

That's about all their was too it. Oh, and thanks for the compliment Vince, it's extra great to get one from an established veteran such as yourself.

Good day folks,
MadWolfZX