PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : XMAS: xtended markup action scripting

gravessite
06-04-2001, 11:35 AM
Hello team. I'm not new to this forum, but this is the first message that i have posted. Help me obe ones, you are my only hope.
I have been playing around with XML in Flash for the past few days, and i am close to being sold on the idea. There are a couple "?simple?" elements that i have not yet been able to figure out, that will make or break Flash as the tool to display my xml documents. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

1) Grabbing specific elements of an XML document and converting them to strings. There are some documents that I only need one node out of, and I have not yet figured out how to bring them in <seperately>.

2) Formatting this information seperately. Conventionally, XSL has been used to format XML information. With the .load technique, the XML info never touches the XSL, and is being parsed in Flash. I believe there is a way to use HTML code to format text in Flash, but i am unfamiliar with this technique. Again, i believe that the solution lies in my previous question, how to bring individual elements in one at a time.

Thanks for your help.

-M.

sln7w
06-05-2001, 12:24 AM
I've been posting this a lot lately.... I'm just very excited about it's potential with Flash. It lets you very quickly 'serialize' and 'deserialize' complex objects in XML like arrays, then be able to send those complex objects from your server to flash. This can all be done without knowing anything about XML parsing.

I did a few tutorials at SecretAgents.com on how to do that. Check those out.

Steve Nelson