PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Trying out my shoujo footer

girlontheleft
08-12-2000, 12:04 AM
Just seeing if this thing works. I love all the footers here, I just felt there wasn't enough magical girl stuff going on :D

I'm using my lousy home modem connection, so a lot of the time the footers refuse to load. Tell me if this works, OK?

Thanks
GotL

TiefighT
08-12-2000, 12:08 AM
that looks great!

btw, if you shorten up the width a bit it will get rid of those orange borders:).

girlontheleft
08-12-2000, 12:09 AM
Gack! wrong extension :eek:

Here goes again. Sorry folks.

girlontheleft
08-12-2000, 12:15 AM
Ahhh, that's better! Thanks Tiefight.

The girl is me, with artistic license ;) I have glasses and my hair isn't purple, and I don't wear clothes like that either! I'm holding my tablet pen.

The text reads "Magic Flash Fighter GirlOnTheLeft" At least, as close to that as I could muster with my feeble kana skills :D The font is from Gray Graphics.

TiefighT
08-12-2000, 12:23 AM
impressive:)

Once again I look at my expanding ovals and quote tray and decide I need a new footer...just as soon as I learn to draw ;).

Mugen
08-12-2000, 12:36 AM
Oh thats a good one! I like the footer, it would be nice though if we could see the whole pic at some point so maybe keep your current fly by and then tween her from the bottom to the side of the screen and shrink the symbol so we can see the whole thing :)

girlontheleft
08-12-2000, 12:37 AM
Yeah, well I can't do Actionscript worth beans. I can do basic preloaders and drag-and-drop. Random quote generators are still beyond me. :) Thanks though.

girlontheleft
08-12-2000, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Mugen
Oh thats a good one! I like the footer, it would be nice though if we could see the whole pic at some point so maybe keep your current fly by and then tween her from the bottom to the side of the screen and shrink the symbol so we can see the whole thing :)

Just tried that: she's way too small to see. It's like a silhouette. Here she is closer to full size (it's OK to post it in here right?)

http://tides.ranttv.com/flash/gotlchara.swf

The dress is sort of a cross between Umi from Rayearth, CCSakura, and Chun-li, with Utena's shorts, and it just wouldn't be a magical girl costume without a huge butt bow :D

Mugen
08-12-2000, 01:14 AM
Thats totally understandable!! Its a very good picture though and I can see the influences :)

JP_Infinity
08-12-2000, 01:30 AM
I like your footer, tis damn stylish!! :D Don't know if Akane would approve of the hair colour though :p jks...

Akane
08-12-2000, 10:35 AM
wow !! your footer rocks !!! i'm jaleous =)

even if i'd prefer her with a blue hair ;)

great work !

armadillo88
08-12-2000, 03:11 PM
im gonna start on another footer now. then ill have three diffrent footers. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHH! i need one thats really anime. the eyes are not enough. and the sword.... uh uh. im working on a kick *ss pic of a samurai right now. his anem is jubai. many might remeber him from the very awesome SNES game called samurai showdown. he was the samurai with two katanas and an eyepatch. he also made a brief apperance in tenchu 2 with rikimaru's story line. by the way. that is one of the best games ive played.

CNO
08-12-2000, 04:10 PM
Very cool. Good to see the female influence here, particularly with all the samurai footers running around. :D
Looks really good, too - I like the artwork.

Naldoman
08-12-2000, 07:30 PM
I love all the footers here, I just felt there wasn't enough magical girl stuff going on :D

You GO, GirlontheLeft! I tried to put a magical girl in the first anime bb footer, but I don't think it comes across well...

http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/swf/fk_anime_bn.swf

Flashkit
08-12-2000, 08:35 PM
Rocking footer! Welcome aboard!

Akane
08-13-2000, 09:36 AM
btw GotL : i really love your footer, but i love your nick too ! how did you find such a nickname ? =)

fierystars
08-13-2000, 01:30 PM
I love your footer and the girl ^_^ i love all those series you mentioned too...KAWAII!!!!!

girlontheleft
08-14-2000, 11:45 AM
Well, you see, my friends have an internet radio station called Rantradio: www.rantradio.com. Most of the people that are on it are guys. The first time I sat in on the sunday night What The Hell? show, one of the regular listeners saw me on the webcam, while everyone there was trying to come up with a decent DJ nickname for me, and he posts in the IRC: "WHOS THE GIRL ON THE LEFT??????" about 10 times in a row. Everyone goes..."Girl on the left... hey, that's perfect!"

Fascinating huh?

Scills
08-14-2000, 12:06 PM
WOW! Great Footer!