PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : publishing PC .fla on Mac = CRASH

schwa
06-06-2001, 07:52 PM
Anyobody experience this, no how to work around it.

I got an .fla that was edited on a PC. I can open it, edit it, and save it with no problem. When I try to publish...my G4 crashes hard.

what gives?

rockmeister
06-07-2001, 08:43 AM
What version of flash are you using? Flash 5 is normally fine with PC files I used to have a few problems with flash 4. If you do have flash 5 then make sure that you use the 5.0a updater, because without it I found it to be about as stable as someone from Dawson's Creek! It always crashed when doing complicated action script. Also if you use flash typer to convert the files to mac ones it might help, I can't see that it would make any difference but it might.

schwa
06-07-2001, 09:57 AM
I have Flash 5.0a
I used Flash Typer
I even tried copying everything out of the file into a new file and saving it as native Mac, and I still couldn't publish it without crashing.

so very frustrating...
any ideas....?

rockmeister
06-07-2001, 11:11 AM
I guess the next thing to look at is whether its any of the scripting. Delete everything in the movie and then try publishing it (but don't save it), if it publishes alright then something in there is causing it to crash. You can then start narrowing it down, i.e. delete the first half of the movie and if it publishes alright whatever is causing it to crash is in the first half, etc,etc. Hopefully you will find what it is, I can't think what else it would be as you have created a new file to put it in so it's not the file.