PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : synchronous xml loading

proleptic
06-20-2001, 04:35 PM
Is there any way to synchronously load XML? Or any way to simulate it?

The problem I'm having is that there's a function, outside of the onLoad event handler, that depends on the XML being fully loaded and parsed, and because flash isn't really multithreaded, I can't do something of the while (notloaded) {sleep} variety. Not to mention that there's not really any substitute for javascript sleep anyway. Is there?

Thx.
Lauren

VAYKENT
06-21-2001, 08:01 PM
Flash does not handle XML loading syncronously (was that spelled right?? : )... ) It handles XML asyncronously...

Point is, you need to wait for the onLoad handler to be triggered, before you deal with any of the XML you are loading. I guess I don't really understand your problem... if you need to have a funcion be 'triggered' after the XML is loaded.... that's what the onLoad handler does... maybe I just don't fully understand your problem...

I'm not familiar with the JavaScript 'sleep' you're talking about, but Flash is almost entirely geared towards having certain events be triggered by timeline position, other events, user interaction, so on and so forth... Cause and Effect things...