PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Time-saving tip for all Mac Flash users

Zacha K
06-21-2001, 11:23 AM
Normally, when you download zipped FLA's to your Mac, the FLAs show up as SimpleText documents. You have to open it through Flash, and it's a large hassle.

Never again!!

Go to the Control Panel "File Exchange." Click on the "PC Exchange" tab.

Sort the list by PC Extension, and scroll down until you come to "fla".

If there IS a fla extension file:
Click the "Change" button.
Next to where it says "File Type" (below the list of apps), click "Select...".
Browse to and choose your copy of Flash 3 / 4 / 5 / whatever - NOT the player, but the editing application.
From the pop-up menu, choose SPA.
Click the "Change" button.
Voila! Now, all FLAs in unzipped ZIPs can be double clicked on to open them in Flash.

If there IS NOT a fla extension file:
Click the "Add" button.
Type "fla" after "Extension: .___"
Next to where it says "File Type" (below the list of apps), click "Select...".
Browse to and choose your copy of Flash 3 / 4 / 5 / whatever - NOT the player, but the editing application.
From the pop-up menu, choose SPA.
Click the "Add" button.
Voila! Now, all FLAs in unzipped ZIPs can be double clicked on to open them in Flash.

That's all for now!

monkii
06-22-2001, 09:29 AM
hey thanx! - thats a rocking tip!
-m

dzlpwr
07-01-2001, 12:23 PM
Thanks a bunch!!! Nice directions. Very logical and well-explained. Much appreciated by the mac troops. Never would have found it on my own. Good luck flashing.

Zacha K
08-19-2001, 03:52 PM
I was following some links and found this post (http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=130897). Appearently 8minus8 came up with the solution before me. Those instructions also include a way to make swf a FlashPlayer document, not a Quicktime document, and includes some helpful feedback.

Has anyone made a tutorial for this? If not, I've got one in the works.

phaty
08-20-2001, 09:04 AM
cheers big ears, make the tutorial as far as i know no one has made one as yet, rock on