PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : XML info not being updated within Flash film

Paulo Parola
06-26-2001, 08:38 AM
I have a movie clip that implements a 'news ticker'. The news scroll through the flash window after getting the info from a XML file accessed at the same server.

The problem is: when the database is updated, and the XML changes accordingly, my Flash application (although in loop) don't start seeing the changes until a long while.

It is strange, since on every loop the function XML.load() is invoked again. The Flash film is only updated right away when I run it locally.

Any hints?
TIA,
Paulo

VAYKENT
06-26-2001, 03:53 PM
The 'load' function of the XML object is not a syncronous function... in other words... when it happens it happens. Flash is mainly syncronous - you tell it what frame, and when it hits that frame, it does what you told it to do. yourXMLObj.load loads the object and deals with it whenever it gets it done... which is as fast as it can, but not 'right then'. So what I'm saying is that you will have to wait... and calling the load function every 'loop' might put extra 'stress' on the system, causing it to go slower than it would if you called the load function evey minute or so... cool?