Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : nice arrows

06-26-2001, 09:33 AM

I have been seeing some cool arrows on a few sites I've visited lately, just wandered if anyone could tell me whether thay are part of a font and if so...which one?

I have looked all through the fonts I have at the moment including marlett, webdings and windings and I can't find it ? :(

I don't know if you know what I mean exactly, it's hard to describe....it has a head which has a 90 degree angle...duh!...well I guess if you've seen them you'll know what I mean. The only site I can think of at the moment which has them is:-


Sure I could create an arrow myself but I just wandered if it was part of a font as I've seen it on a few sites and there all the same?

Thanks :)

06-26-2001, 10:13 AM
it's in wingdings, try using the insert>symbol option in most programs (word etc.) to view the character map for that font, then you can choose which arrow you want to use. :)
[Edited by squink on 06-26-2001 at 11:57 AM]

06-26-2001, 12:03 PM
oh yeeeeeeaaahhh....lol....your right, i found it in windings using the method you suggested.

Thanks mate. :)

06-28-2001, 04:55 AM
You should really get a copy of Character Map Pro .... its indispensible in these situations ... not only does it scale (unlike the norma CM app from MS) but you can also blow up individual characters to see them better (great for dingbat icons that look like little smudges in the preview!)

Think you can get a copy from http://www.downloads.com