PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : HELP! Anti-aliased text turns into aliased text

glen_sanford
06-26-2001, 06:31 PM
I'm having the strangest problem. I'm working with a pretty large flash piece, which loads a number of smaller swf files into different layers.

Periodically, on certain PCs (never macs), the type in the movie changes from anti-aliased to aliased. It's totally random, sometimes it switches back, sometimes not.

I'm using an embedded font, with a few dynamic text fields, but mostly static text. All files are set to "Anti-alias Text", and all work fine on every Mac I've tested on. It only seems to happen on about 50% of PCs.

I have to launch this bu thursday morning, so any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks!

glen

--
glen sanford
gsanford@liberate.com

flipsideguy
06-27-2001, 04:25 AM
http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=153541

Did you take a look at this post? Maybe there's something in there that will help you out.

squink
06-27-2001, 06:20 PM
flipside guy- I beleive he doesn't want his fonts aliased, not like the thread you linked. :)

The only problem I can think of is the dynamic text not being embeded properly. If you don't select one of the embed options in the bottom, then the published SWF will jsut try and find that font on the user's computer, and if it can't find it it will use the default font.

this is straight from flash help:

"For Embed Fonts, choose one or more buttons to specify which characters from the font set used in the dynamic text will be embedded. Select the Full Font button (the far left button) to embed the full character set for the font."

Fonts, no matter if they will be anti-aliased or aliased in the published SWF, will always show up anti-aliased in the FLA when you have the "anti-alias fonts" option selected.

I hope this helps, I think it may just be the problem.
:)

tone001
06-28-2001, 04:52 AM
The thing i thought of was the overall quality changing because the animation was chugging ... if the mode is set to Auto-high not High then you would get this (random)change in aliasing and it would be a lot more noticeable in the type areas.

Just a thought!