PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Wndows 98SE & copying fonts to new folder

Bendy_Branch
06-28-2001, 07:59 AM
In Wndows 98SE how do I copy fonts to new folder?

I've got full access rights, the files are not 'archive only' & I'm stumped.

In NT4 you could just grab and copy, but 98SE is not letting me.

Any ideas?

MAnneM
06-28-2001, 11:16 PM
Hi,
I have Win98. I don't know if this will help but...
Today I downloaded some fonts and extracted them from the zip file straight to Windows\Fonts. I opened Flash and saw the fonts weren't listed in the Flash fonts menu. Huh? I opened the Windows\Fonts directory manually and could hear the CPU workin. Now the fonts appeared in Flash font menu. Therefore, for some reason, Windows didn't actually add the fonts until I manually opened the Windows\Fonts directory. Weird, but true. I even tested it again and same results. Did you drag and drop your fonts to your Windows\Fonts directory or just extract them there? - Michelle :)

Bendy_Branch
06-29-2001, 05:03 AM
Ta for reply! but . . .
No! What I was trying to do is copy fonts from my root font directory and stick them in a new directory (for some artwork I'm sending to a magazine . . .)

I have since discovered that 98 SE will not allow you to move fonts (to duplicate ) from root directory to a different directory (typical, eh?!?!?) - its some sort of protection thingy.

So, I got over the problem by spending about 1 hours wading through my font library hunting for the ellusive font.

Luckily, I met the deadline and everybody is HAPPY!!!:)