PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Mac XML.load question...

webziggy
06-29-2001, 11:28 AM
Flash people,

Can someone outline what is supported on the following:

Does XML.load() work on...
Mac+IE5:
Mac+NS4.7x

...and if it does (cos we've tested it and can't seem to get it working)... how do you get it to work.

There seems to be a bit of unknown here within the forum.

Alan

VAYKENT
06-29-2001, 12:41 PM
So your car doesn't work, but I can't look under the hood??? :)

(It might help if you let us see the Flash code that isn't working ;) )

The only issues I've seen with incompatability and Flash involved the FSCommand... but I'm sure there are others...

I would think that with the latest browsers you'd be fine -- it is <b>crucial</b> to get the latest Flash player as well....

tupps
06-29-2001, 09:34 PM
There are no problems that I have seen with either IE5.0 or NS4.7 (or 6.0 for that matter) on the mac. The flash plugin that ships by default is flash 4. It will just ignore the xml.load command.

If you control click on your flash file the last menu option will tell you what version of flash you are using. chances are you are using flash 4, as the Mac does not auto upgrade the plugins.

Thanks

Luke

webziggy
07-02-2001, 07:05 AM
Okay, it appears that allowing IE 5 to upgrade the flash player results in a working situation.

Does anybody know whether there was several releases of the flash player 5 on Mac platform, I'd like to know since I'm sure what was installed was 5.

Ho-hum.

tupps
07-02-2001, 02:21 PM
I believe there have been several versions of Flash 5 on both the Mac and the PC. The most notable change for XML users is the ability to strip whitespace from your XML in later versions. This doesn't help much as early versions are out there, so it is better to use your own whitespace stripping routine.

My guess is you downloaded the installer for flash 5 on the mac but when it ran you ran it and upgraded another copy of IE or you upgraded NS (both can be done from the same installer). I got caught out with having several copies of IE5.0 on my machine. I had upgraded one copy but not the others.

Thanks

Luke