PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : problem with loading data

ivycab
07-01-2001, 11:38 PM
hi. how come data extracted by the xml cannot be seen on the flash movie from other pcs? they are all using the same os (win2000) the only problem is that some of the pcs cannot load the data. but it works fine on other pcs as well.

tupps
07-02-2001, 12:31 AM
I assume that you are able to run it locally ok, but are not able to do it through a web server.

You are hitting the Flash Web Security where you can only get the XML from the server that the flash file was loaded from. Have a look at the ActionScript manual in the XML section, and it has a diagram explaining the process.

Thanks

Luke

ivycab
07-02-2001, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by tupps
I assume that you are able to run it locally ok, but are not able to do it through a web server.

You are hitting the Flash Web Security where you can only get the XML from the server that the flash file was loaded from. Have a look at the ActionScript manual in the XML section, and it has a diagram explaining the process.

Thanks

Luke

its already on our web server. however we are still experiencing the same problem. we are using xml with flash5 by the way.

VAYKENT
07-02-2001, 02:39 AM
What tupps was talking about was this:

Where is the XML doc stored?

Where is the SWF being stored?

Are they both on the server, and both being called from the server??

(Did I get that right tupps?? - Was that your point?)

tupps
07-02-2001, 02:14 PM
Yep,

Exactly right, I think we need a FAQ item, or something to answer this question, because it seems that for lots of people loading XML is the first time they load anything external into a flash file and they seem to hit this problem everytime.

I know at least a couple of people have been trying to do a tutorial which is using data from moreover.com and can't work out why it doesn't work when they stick it on the web server.

Thanks

Luke

VAYKENT
07-02-2001, 03:19 PM
So how about we get in touch, and whip up an Flash/XML FAQ?? :) You and I seem to be about the only ones answering questions...

tupps
07-02-2001, 10:34 PM
I think it might be good idea.

Drop me an email at flash@tupps.com. I will look at putting something together over the next couple of days, and will post it to the forum.

Thanks

Luke