PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : So, I'm guessing no-one has done this?

rachelcunliffe
07-11-2001, 07:42 PM
Investigate/implement importing mathematical equations/symbols into Flash.. <sigh>

Flash would be my dream way to make my quizzes but I've found no way to get in my LaTeX or MathML questions into Flash :(....

Can anyone help?!

Many regards,

Rachel

VAYKENT
07-12-2001, 12:58 PM
Huh?? What is the obstacle to doing that? Is it just the placement of those symbols?? Are you talking about reading some textual explanation of the formula and then displaying it graphically? Reading off of an external file whose extension is not native to Flash could be hard - if that's what you're talking about...

I think that would rock... some kind of 'math' parser.... you type in text, and Flash displays it graphically... or maybe you could have buttons that would replicate symbols which could be dragged and placed where you needed them...

rachelcunliffe
07-12-2001, 04:46 PM
>What is the obstacle to doing that? Is it just the placement of those symbols?? Are you talking about reading some textual explanation of the formula and then displaying it graphically? Reading off of an external file whose extension is not native to Flash could be hard - if that's what you're talking about...

I guess I just don't know how to start on doing that.. eg in LaTeX I might have a line in it like

This is some math: $\sqrt[3]{x+y}$.

Which, when displayed should show the cube root of x+y

makemachines2
07-18-2001, 04:35 AM
Wow, looked up LaTeX. BTW latex.com was no help :)

I found a LaTeX to HTML converter. After seeing the equation formating possible, you would have to build a converter yourself in Flash. A significant task judging by the output. Far in excess of my own math background.

I'd personally go with the HTML converter I saw.
http://cbl.leeds.ac.uk/nikos/tex2html/doc/latex2html/latex2html.html

If you wanted Flash for its buttons, I'd still go with HTML.

- Tony

IF you really really want LaTeX in Flash, I'd import the graphics generated by LaTeX2HTML into Flash and go from there.

my 2 cents.