PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : export

chic
08-21-2000, 06:25 PM
can i export a koomoves clip into swish and if i can HOW please?
thank you

flashopper
08-21-2000, 08:01 PM
Hi Denise, yep you certainly can "import" them, though not in the traditional sense. But, as I discovered this weekend, this is the closest thing to an "import movie clip" for both Swish and KoolMoves, and it works very well:

1) Create your KoolMoves .fun file in the same dimension as your destination Swish or Koolmoves file, and set the same movie speed (actually, they don't have to be the same dimensions, but it looks like the two movies will align each other by their upper left corners, so if you want to know where everything in your KoolMoves movie is going to appear, use the same dimensions -- movie speed, is however, important);

2) Export Koolmoves to .swf file;

3) In Koolmoves or Swish, use the "Load Movie" command. If you're in Swish, set the load level to "1" if it's your first movie you're loading;

4) The Koolmoves swf movie will now play along in your Swish movie at the point where you loaded the movie. As long as you didn't set a background color, your loaded movie will have a transparent background, and will thus appear in the Swish movie. It will play on top of anything else in that movie because it's in level 1, whereas your swish movie is level 0. But using this logic, you can make a Swish "Director" movie that simply loads different swf movies from Koolmoves and Swish, then you can layer them in any order you wish (the highest level layer will always be on top).

Make sense? I understand if it doesn't, I'm typing this quickly because I have to leave. Leave any questions here, and I'll post an example if I can get a quick one put together...

chic
08-21-2000, 08:36 PM
makes no sense at all [to a computer dummy like me] but i trust it will work. i will copy and print your instructions in large font...hehe. it will probably take me many times but i will get it. just how the hell did you figure that out? thank you so much.

arttex
09-02-2000, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by flashopper
Hi Denise, yep you certainly can "import" them, though not in the traditional sense. But, as I discovered this weekend, this is the closest thing to an "import movie clip" for both Swish and KoolMoves, and it works very well:

1) Create your KoolMoves .fun file in the same dimension as your destination Swish or Koolmoves file, and set the same movie speed (actually, they don't have to be the same dimensions, but it looks like the two movies will align each other by their upper left corners, so if you want to know where everything in your KoolMoves movie is going to appear, use the same dimensions -- movie speed, is however, important);

2) Export Koolmoves to .swf file;

3) In Koolmoves or Swish, use the "Load Movie" command. If you're in Swish, set the load level to "1" if it's your first movie you're loading;

4) The Koolmoves swf movie will now play along in your Swish movie at the point where you loaded the movie. As long as you didn't set a background color, your loaded movie will have a transparent background, and will thus appear in the Swish movie. It will play on top of anything else in that movie because it's in level 1, whereas your swish movie is level 0. But using this logic, you can make a Swish "Director" movie that simply loads different swf movies from Koolmoves and Swish, then you can layer them in any order you wish (the highest level layer will always be on top).

Make sense? I understand if it doesn't, I'm typing this quickly because I have to leave. Leave any questions here, and I'll post an example if I can get a quick one put together...

Where is the "load Movie" command in Koolmoves or swish ?

Bob Hartzell
09-02-2000, 06:41 AM
It is a frame action. Select Movie/Sounds and Actions. Lower right area of the popup.