PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Why does this happen?

creativ82
08-11-2001, 04:41 PM
Okay, I've got a question for all of you out there. I've just installed a font. When I use this font in, let's say, notepad, all the characters work just fine. But when I use the font in MS Word, characters like the quotes and apostrophe don't work. All that shows up is that square symbol that appears when an unknown symbol is typed. Why does this happen? Can someone please help me?

Gandalf

creativ82
08-17-2001, 09:18 PM
Come on, people. Could someone help me out here?

gatorage
08-18-2001, 04:33 AM
Normally it would be because the person who designed the font simply didn't include those characters. But if the quotes (and other characters) work in Notepad, but not Word, well, I'm stumped.

You could use a program like Fontographer to check what characters are contained within the font itself.

tone001
08-18-2001, 06:06 AM
I've found it can happen when some of the characters are too complex or are badly made, they simply won't be rendered by specific applications.

creativ82
08-18-2001, 09:18 AM
Last I checked, Fontographer was not a free program which means I don't have it and as much as I would like to get it, I can't for other reasons.

Tone, I guess that's what the problem is. But I thought these fonts were professional because I got them from here:

http://www.dsg4.com/04/extra/bitmap/

Has anyone else had this problem with these fonts?

Creativ

dainbramaged
08-18-2001, 11:11 AM
Fontographer isn't free, but Font Creator is a shareware program. Go to downloads.com and do a search for it. Works and look almost exactly like fontographer.

Cheers,
DainBramaged

creativ82
08-18-2001, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I have Font Creator Program but can that help me solve the problem somehow? And if so, could you explain how with details of what to do?

Creativ