PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Wave effect using mask & layers............

zoranvedek
10-07-2001, 04:23 PM
If anyone's interested I have a template for a ripple/wave effect using mask's and layers in 3DFA. The effect is pretty simple to create.

You can view it here, as well as download the .movie file ..............

------> http://members.aol.com/lucky13thday/wave.html

I have set it up so that all of the image layers point to the same image file, this makes it easy to replace the image by simply overwriting the original file with a new image.

Any and all comments welcome,
-Jason

MrJoseph
10-08-2001, 04:55 PM
I was observing the file in your site, which I uploaded to my hard disk, is about MORPH TEXT WITH PAINT ELEMENT? or I downloaded the one that was not?

zoranvedek
10-08-2001, 05:37 PM
The file you want is titled 'wave.movie', the html file should link directly to it.

-Jason

MrJoseph
10-08-2001, 06:25 PM
Thanks!!
Its very interesting, There are some way to change colors or opacity of the masks?

Joseph

zoranvedek
10-08-2001, 07:57 PM
The mask's simply seperate the layers, letting only certain parts of the following layer show through. You could take the same effect and by using several different images(as opposed to the single one), and change the color of each one individually. As for the opacity, simply changing the the preceding images opacity would have the exact same effect that you are looking for.

-Jason

MrJoseph
10-08-2001, 09:04 PM
Really, thank you very much by the explanation, I have not even experimented with the masks in IFA, I am going to make a test, seems to me very interesting this option and specially the deformation of your rhino.

Again Thanks!!!

lazisusann
10-11-2001, 09:32 PM
Thank You! We need more "help" like this!

zoranvedek
10-12-2001, 08:07 PM
You're welcome. I'll be posting a link to all my 'examples' in the next day or so, I don't have alot, but it's a start.

If anyone has anything to contribute, please email me at:

lucky13thday@aol.com

-Jason

MrJoseph
10-12-2001, 10:28 PM
Hi Jason
Im arranged to collaborate with examples, please tell me in which I can collaborate to You.

It seems to me a very good idea, thus all we can learn to handle well software.

Joseph

zoranvedek
10-12-2001, 11:35 PM
You can send anything you have that helps point out features, or shows a good effect. I have set up some basic guidelines for use(mainly in order to save file space/loading time), you can view them here:

-----> http://www.geocities.com/into3dfa/guidelines.html

as well as submit anything you might have. I currently have 4 basic examples ready, and will probably have them all together and ready to go first thing tomorrow morning.

-Jason