PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Help! really dumb question but can't figure it out :(

rtsbasic
12-26-2001, 06:52 PM
Hi, sorry i know this question is probably insulting to the board...but im trying to make a complete site in 3D flash animator 3.4 i think it is, when i create a picture button object, i can't seem to load an image for it?, or a mouseover image? plz help like i say its dumb, but flash 5 i don't have the time to learn :(
thanks for ya time,
Richard

zoranvedek
12-26-2001, 11:04 PM
Are you having a problem finding where to load the image, or are you loading the image and its just not showing up? There are seperate area's for each image to be loaded and all of them are under the respective location inside the button control panel(make sure you are not using the "action" area witihin the button area).

Hope this helps,
Jason

rtsbasic
12-27-2001, 06:55 AM
I'll list exactly what i do:
Open 3D animator, create a new movie,
Go elements -> insert picture button
Click Add an element -> paint a picture (in the button config box)
browse for file named 1.png for the fill texture -> click open,
A box pops up with the title results and 0 in the window,
close that, and the image is not drawn on the button?
I am trying to design a site in a style seen on Startrek called LCARS, so a lot of the shapes cannot be drawn manually.
Thanks in advance,
Richard

Originally posted by zoranvedek
Are you having a problem finding where to load the image, or are you loading the image and its just not showing up? There are seperate area's for each image to be loaded and all of them are under the respective location inside the button control panel(make sure you are not using the "action" area witihin the button area).

Hope this helps,
Jason

zoranvedek
12-27-2001, 08:34 AM
Fill texture will only apply to an object you have drawn inside of 3dfa. Instead of going to 'paint an image', go to 'load a file object'(first option on that menu), and from there add your picture. This should solve your problem.

-Jason
[Edited by zoranvedek on 12-27-2001 at 07:36 AM]

rtsbasic
12-27-2001, 03:58 PM
thanks :) supose i better purchase the software now..lol..'tis a lot simpler than flash 6, ill give it that (and i know if someone wants to be picky flash 5 is the current release, but i have a beta of 6)
thanks again,
-Richard