PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : scratched record noise on exit of button

typef
04-07-2000, 05:03 PM
http://www.sergioleone.net/fd/fdhome.htm
Sigh. Having problems getting rid of "scratched record" noise appearing on the roll-off of buttons on this page. Sounds accompanying buttons are rather long. We are using a "stop all sounds" action on the roll-off. I've tried event, stream, start, and every kind of compression setting and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? If I moved the sound to the accompanying graphic that pops up when the button is rolled over, do you think that would make the difference? Or is there something else I can do? BTW, client designed, provided art and directed movie, and does not care how long it takes to load as it is not a commercial site (I can see the comments coming on that one!)

jydnas
04-07-2000, 11:54 PM
I went to your site and i heard what you are talking about.

I think that the cause is on roll out the galloping horse sound is causing that.

First take out the Horse gallop sound and see if that stops it.

Is the horse a loop in the main scene or a small movie clip?

Im sure we can figure it out.

regards ...
jeff

jydnas
04-08-2000, 08:27 PM
That sounds good.
make seperate movie clips for the crosses.

or create a scene for every cross.
that might help.

other then that you will just have to experiment.

I noticed that the Buttons at the top of the page "The good,the bad and the ugly"etc.
are working good.
so you might want to consider doing what ever you did with the buttons doing with the crosses.

I hope you get what im saying?

So let me know how it goes.

By the way the site is really cool
I like all the movie listed on that site. :)

Clint Eastwood is great.

[This message has been edited by jydnas (edited 08 April 2000).]

typef
04-09-2000, 12:12 AM
I believe that I had the problem before I added the horse sound at the end. The horse animation and attached sound are a separate movie clip, placed at my frame labeled "back", which is where all the buttons go after that go forward to whatever frame label matches the button. These are all placed after the stop action command. I wondered if setting each of those picture popups in a separate scene or movie might fix the problem or possibly moving the sound from the button to the picture pop-up frames instead. I'm new at this and I've not been able to understand any of the directions I've found for expressions and tell target and getting anywhere else but within the movie I'm working on, so I just put them at the end of the movie. Have a gig I've gotta play today, will take the horse out on Monday and try again. Any other comments would be greatly appreaciated.

typef
04-10-2000, 02:14 PM
The buttons on the crosses were built the same way as the buttons along the top menu. I think the length of the sounds on the crosses is my problem. I have moved them from the over state of the button to the frame that holds the pop-up picture. Unfortunately, that didn't help. The pop-up for autographs is already a movie clip because it's a two-picture series because that sound clip is so long. So I know converting the rest of them to movie clips won't work. Taking the gallop sound out didn't work either. The horse is a small movie clip. Looks like the only thing I haven't tried that you suggested is making each a scene, which I tried and failed at. Can't figure out how to do it. :(

typef
04-28-2000, 03:31 PM
Had to move on to another project but I'm back to this one again. Scenes don't seem to be an option for me as it doesn't allow the person ever to click on a button because as soon as they roll over it, they're off to a scene, no matter how I build them.
I'm trying to make separate movie clips using Tell Target now and I just don't seem to be able to understand Macromedia's tech notes on the subject. They say" If a movie clip is placed on the timeline in frames 1-20, it can be targeted while movie is playing or stopped at ANY frame between 1 and 20." To me that means, if you're stopped on frame 3 and the movie clip is on frame 4, you can target it. (If you're stoped on frame 5, forget it). The target window lets me, but it won't play. If I ask the main timeline to go to and stop at frame 4, the movie clip starts playing anyway even though I've used Tell Target to tell it to play when a roll-over occurs, but I don't want it to play until they roll over the button.
Let's say all buttons are on frame 3. I plan to have the button sound and accompanying picture in separate movie clip for action for each button placed on frame 4. For one example: Cross for Autographs says on roll over begin tell target /autographs, play (autographs is the movie clip instance name). Actual name of movie clip is win_auto. At the end of win_auto movie clip I've actioned: stop, begin tell target ../, go to and stop at "back". "Back" is the label of the frame 3 in the main time line.
If you go to look at the example URL, it's still the original one. Whish to me works fine except for the scratching sound the client can't stand. All this for a stupid scratch sound. Any more suggestions? Am I doing the Tell Target right?