PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : DO YOU HAVEQUESTIONS ABOUT AUDIO PROGRAMS, ASK ME!

dbeprez
05-02-2000, 02:28 AM
If you have any questions about audio programs, please contact me. You will get my professional opinion. I'm a musician going on seven years and I currently own about every audio and sequential software program out to date. OFf the top, I recommend Sonic Foundry's ACID. Excellent program, very easy to use and extrememly effective for all types of audio loops.. For sequencing MIDI I strongly recommend Cakewalk 9. Get the home studio version for the beginners because pro has too much power you don't need unless you're a musician like myselkf that requres 64 tracks of audio and 256 tracks of midi

EmreKilicer
10-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Right, I have a question. How can I split the human sound from a song? Is there any program like that?

Thanks

bwat
10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Actually, if you have any insight to my problem (posted in another thread) it would be of tremendous help. I'm guessing you've probably worked with multi-channel audio output, have you ever dealt with this:
-------------------------
I'm creating a video/sound installation for a gallery show and have an odd problem... I have two SWFs that output stereo sound, each stereo channel has one sound associated (so at any given time, 4 separate sounds are playing).
I need to split these sounds so that they come out of four different speakers, one sound in each corner.

I've looked at 4-in 4-out cards like the M-Audio Delta 44, but am not sure if I can assign the SWFs to the 4-output channels.
The only other way I can imagine doing this is using two computers and having the SWFs communicate via ethernet.
----------------------

Thanks!

JWin
10-15-2006, 01:36 PM
guys, you realize the first post was from May 2000?!

anyway...

@Emrekilicer - You can't extract vocals from a song well so it's really not worth trying. Some softwares will look at the sound and see what is in the "center" of the stereo image (what audio occurs in the left and right channels simultaneously) and then uses phase cancellation to take it out but the result is a lot of frequencies getting squashed and the vocals not getting completely removed.

@Bwat - your best bet is probably going to be 2 laptops (one for each swf) and hitting play on both of them as close to the same time as possible. Even if you got the audio card flash itself isnt going to be able to communicate with it. You could also possibly use a video program to mix to surround and bring the swfs in there and make a dvd.

EmreKilicer
10-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks