PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : looping bkgd audio thruout but changing between scenes

ts
04-27-2000, 11:16 AM
I have a program with several scenes. From the 1st scene intro I have a looped track that runs throughout the entire program. For each scene I have a different track that plays (looped) over the looping background music. The problem is that when I go from scene to scene I can't stop the previous track and start the new track while leaving the original playing in the background. They all play over each other. If I put in a "stop all sounds" command the original background stops too. Any help would be appreciated.

jydnas
04-28-2000, 11:34 PM
In the last frame of the looped music
make a key frame and add the music to it
but set the Sync to STOP

That should stop it
do that for each scene

If that don't work let me know.

CDS
05-01-2000, 01:04 PM
I'm having a similar problem only I'm not switching between scenes. I'm changing between frames in the same scene. I found that making a seperate movie and looping a sound in it and saving it as a movie.

Then loading that movie into my main worked.
Except it's getting confusing to keep loading and unloading movies in movies.

Sounds really confusing and is.

I could use some help.

cds

dbeprez
05-02-2000, 02:36 AM
Personally what works for me is set action to stop all sounds in the frame before the switch, and the frmae after it, start your sounds again by assigning them

jydnas
05-02-2000, 07:34 AM
if your interested i got an example i can send you....

or any any one who reads this post.
if not i'll try and put it into words.
:D

ts
05-02-2000, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jydnas:
if your interested i got an example i can send you....

or any any one who reads this post.
if not i'll try and put it into words.
:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, I'm interested...plwase send your example.
Thanks
ts

jydnas
05-03-2000, 02:11 AM
Ok i will send you an example but first plz read a post from stacie
it was just posted in the last couple of days.

If that post helps you Reply.