PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : music plays in from another scene when a back button is pressed =(

fluxxy
05-22-2000, 03:12 PM
Ok, I set up a movieclip containing a loop with an on/off button, on frame1 I put a stop and the audio loop, and an off button. On frame to I put a stop all sounds and stop command with an on button. It works fine. Or so I thought....... I placed this clip on the main stage, with more buttons on the main stage linking to my other pages. On one of the links it tells the audioclip movie to stop and jump to another scene, which works fine. On this other scene I have images with a back and forward button to flick through them, though when I hit the back button, it plays the audioclip movie, from the main scene!! I dont understand why because there seems like theres no direct connection to it. Ive checked all the frames in the images scene though there are no bugs that I can see. I was thinking maybe I should load the music as a seperate swf, then load the main movie on top, using telltarget("_level0") to control the actions externally, and still have my on/off button though I dont want to change my movie to find out it has the same bug!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help!!!! my brain hurts :(

fluxxy
05-25-2000, 02:01 PM
Ive sussed it!! thanks to jydnas =) I didnt know what the the start/stop/event meant!!! now I do =) cooool!.........

jydnas
05-25-2000, 06:45 PM
I have found that you can get some more control using movie clips.

From what i read from your post you are using movie clips
with sound.
that is good.

Now you should try working wit seperate .swf files with just the
looped music

and use Load movie
set to _level1

fluxxy
05-25-2000, 08:10 PM
cool! Im using several loops of the same tune through out my site, changing mood in different links. So its a good idea to make all the loops from the tune seperate swf's and use the load movie? Do I load the main movie on top of the audio movie, or vice versa? Ive seen on some sites like nrg they seem to have a music swf and there main movie, which way round do they load them?
thanks jydnas, your postings here a great resource for me to get my audio to work =) Onlinedj is way cool! I understand theres no way to synchronise audio like cubase, although the flash interface is similar to a sequencer. It would good if macromedia support more audio functions in the next version, maybe just a means to sequence audio better.