PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Controlling the SWF file in Html

skepsi
09-20-2000, 08:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to control a SWF Movie with HTML code (is it even possible?). In other words, I am trying to run different scenes of my movie depending on the location of the user. So when I link to my movie I would for example like my movie to start in scene 2 or something like that. Any help leading me to the answer would be very appreciated! Thanks!

guymethod
10-02-2000, 11:05 AM
why don't you just break your Flash scenes into individual swf files?

skepsi
10-23-2000, 01:09 AM
THank you I did that couple of days ago. I should have thought of that earlier ;). Always the same thing. I try to do it harder than it has to be. Thanks for your reply. By the way, this may be a silly question but I uploaded my movie and it doesn't load. I can look at it locally but when it's online it seems to download it but it just stops. Have you heard of that problem? Any suggestions are appreciated ;)

acezero
10-23-2000, 05:10 AM
I ocassionally have the same problem as you... the movie starts downloadin', but then it stops downloadin' it..... My only guess is that the connection with the server hosting the movie is lost, just as it ocassionally happens with any other kind of download....the problem here is that hittin' reload doesn't work for me... and I assume that the IExplorer "thinks" the cached file in "Temporary Internet Files" folder is complete, when actually it's not. So, it displays the incomplete movie, instead of reloading it

skepsi
10-23-2000, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the hint. I will try to delete the Temp files. Let's see if it works. The answer is really appreciated. Hasta la proxima