PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Transparency?

mbain
09-21-2000, 12:46 PM
Hi,
I'm a newbie to KoolMoves. Great program! I was wondering if there is a way to set transparency on a BMP?
Thanks,
M

Bob Hartzell
09-21-2000, 01:39 PM
Try this trick. Create a shape over the shape with the bitmap. Fill the top shape with the background color with some transparency.

mbain
09-21-2000, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
Try this trick. Create a shape over the shape with the bitmap. Fill the top shape with the background color with some transparency.

Thanks, Bob, for answering my post so quickly. I tried that trick and while it did work, it didn't work for what I wanted. This is what I'm trying to achieve; For my animations, I've got a bitmap background. I've got an image that I want to animate, but it's in bitmap form and has a blue background only. I went into Photoshop and erased the background, but when I import it into KOOL MOVES, the background is still present. I would like to turn that background transparent. Is there a way to do that in KOOL MOVES? If not, do you know of a good vector graphic editing software that's cheap? Thanks a million!

mbain
09-21-2000, 06:05 PM
Bob,
Forget that last question about the vector graphic software. That doesn't have anything to do with anything. I think I'm too sleepy to still be working.
Mike

johnie
09-21-2000, 06:23 PM
You were correct.

Vectorizing the image is what you want to do. Star Office is cheap and will do that for you. Illustrator will work also, if you want to play with it.

See this thread:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=13798

JPEG and BMP do not support transparancy so filling the shape with an image will do you no good.

A note: Use the clear image button and select a color fill when you are changing bitmap fills that you have updated or delete the shape alltogether. A quirk in the program is that it will not update the image fill with the new image if it is named the same by just hitting the button. It sound like that is what happened to you.
[Edited by johnie on 09-21-2000 at 06:47 PM]

mbain
09-21-2000, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by johnie
You were correct.

Vectorizing the image is what you want to do. Star Office is cheap and will do that for you. Illustrator will work also, if you want to play with it.

See this thread:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=13798

JPEG and BMP do not support transparancy so filling the shape with an image will do you no good.

A note: Use the clear image button and select a color fill when you are changing bitmap fills that you have updated or delete the shape alltogether. A quirk in the program is that it will not update the image fill with the new image if it is named the same by just hitting the button. It sound like that is what happened to you.
[Edited by johnie on 09-21-2000 at 06:47 PM]

mbain
09-21-2000, 07:34 PM
Thanks Johnie,
That's exactly what I needed! My company has Illustrator. I'll use that!
man, things get solved in a hurry at this forum!
M